But before he could ask any questions I simply hugged him. He was shocked at first but eventually hugged me back.

"Alex, man I'm really sorry for your loss but I really need to make sure that your sister is fine at this moment."

"What do you mean?" he asked pulling away.

"When was the last time you saw her ?"

"I.......I put her to bed after she fainted hearing the news about Nana," he said frowning.

"Around what time did you put her to bed ?"

"Around two in the afternoon."

I checked my watch. I was 8.36 pm.

fuck.

The same thought must have crossed Alex's mind because he turned around and walked to her door trying the doorknob.

It was fucking locked.

"Faith? Please open the door love." he tried to coax her into opening the door.

There was no reply.

"Come on love. Just open the door." he tried again but in vain.

"Open the door Faith." he tried for the last time.

"I don't want to talk to anyone right now !" her voice boomed from the other side.

Alex sighed and ran his hand through his hair. I walked up to him and touched his shoulder.

"Hey, man. I got this trust me." I said giving him a gentle push towards his room.

He looked at me for a minute before walking to his room and slamming the door shut. I turned towards her door and knocked lightly.

"Faith, it's Chris. Please open the door."

"I don't want to meet anyone.  Go away.

"Come on, just open the door. Everyone's worried about you."

"I said go away! Leave me alone for god sake I don't want to meet anyone."

"Well, that's too bad because I'm not moving till you open this bloody door."

There was a lot of shuffling on the other side before Faith yelled and began to open the door.

"What part of 'Go away' do you not get....."

She began but I never let her finish the sentence because I pulled her into my arm and hugged her tight as soon as the door opened.

She squirmed in my arms but eventually gave up fighting as she wrapped her hands around my neck like I had done to her waist.
I could feel my t-shirt getting wet as her tears soaked through them.
I shut the door with my foot, lifted her off the ground and carried her to her bed carefully putting her down and taking a seat next to her.

"Shhh.......It's going to be okay." I spoke rubbing my hand up and down her back.

"It's not going to be Okay! It never is! Nana........Nana's gone just like Mom. She left me Chris just like Mum did ! And she's never coming back." She yelled before breaking into sobs.

"Faith. I understand what you're going....."

"You don't understand what I'm going through! You never will! Don't you remember once upon a time you left me too! "She yelled pulling away from me.

Her words stung but they were a hundred percent true. I did leave her when she needed me the most. As if realizing what she said she turned towards me with wide eyes.