Chapter 27

" You say you love me yet you leave me alone to cry."

Faith

When I woke up the next day Chris was still sleeping. He looked so peaceful. Not planning on waking him up. I tiptoed out of bed but I must have made some sort of noise because he opened his eyes.

"What time is it." He asked rubbing his eyes.

"Eight in the morning," I replied stifling a laugh.

"That's too early to function !" He whined crawling back under the covers.

This time I didn't stop my laughter and let it out freely. Chris peeked from under the covers.

"What are you laughing at ?" He asked.

"You."

"On  you've done it now Miss Clearwater." He said in a posh accent jumping out of bed.

"Oh please do forgive a poor maiden like me monsieur," I replied running out of the room as he began to chase me.

I laughed as I dodged objects and I almost collided into Alice.

"What —" but I didn't even hear her finish her sentence as I dashed past her. So did Chris.

We would have kept chasing each other around if it would not have been for Madison trying to do something in the kitchen.

I looked at her pink silk robe, pajamas, and matching slippers. Her blonde hair was curled to perfection and was she actually wearing make-up? Did she not just wake-up?

I looked down at my shorts and an extra large t-shirt. My hair looked like a bird's nest. Suddenly I felt a little conscious.

"Hey, Madison. What are you trying to do ?" Chris asked taking a seat on the counter.

"Oh, I was trying to work the coffee machine," she said pointing towards the toaster.

I stifled a laugh before speaking with a neutral face.

"That's easy. Haven't you ever made coffee before ?" I asked taking a seat myself.

"As a matter of fact, I haven't." She replied.

Chris spat out the OJ he was drinking in shock.

"You've never ever, I mean ever in your entire life made coffee."

"I never had to. We always had someone to do it. It's the first time I'm ever entering the kitchen." She said hitting the toaster out of frustration.

At the same time, a very worried looking George entered the kitchen with Caleb training behind him.

"Hey, Dad, What's wrong ?" Chris asked turning towards him.

"It's about Tori. That girl is really worrying me."

"Why what happened ?" I asked.

"I don't know. The last time I talked to her she sounded different. Not like her usual self.

"How about I go talk to her today," I suggested hoping off my stool.

"That is a good idea." He said his face suddenly lighting up.

"Maybe I should come with you," Chris said.

"I don't think that's such a good idea. Let this be a girl talk thing.

Chris hesitated before muttering an okay. I grabbed my stuff and went back home.

I took a long shower and washed my hair. After wrapping a fluffy towel around myself I walked in my closet to choose an outfit. Deciding on a black crop top and a pair of floral shorts, I slipped into my black vans grabbing my black sunglasses I was ready to go.