Chapter 9

"Men should be like Kleenex........soft, strong, disposable."

Faith 

The school was buzzing with excitement today. It had almost been two weeks since Damon and Cory joined our school. Our friend circle kept getting bigger and bigger. Now we had to join two tables to fit everyone during lunch.

Our table consisted of Sam, Cameron, Chris, Alex, Cory, Damon, Luke, Blake, Trevor, Connor . Blake , Trevor, and Connor were the newest addition to our little group which was not so little anymore.
Blake was on the football team along with Damon. That's how we got introduced . Trevor was in my English class, we were assigned to do a project together. As for Connor,  he was the student body president.

I meet Chris near my locker. We weren't friends but as I would like to think of it I had evolved from the "I want to gauge his eyeballs and feed it to the bird's stage". I could have a some what civil conversation with him now . I still didn't forgive him. He shattered my heart into tiny little pieces which took a long time to heal.

"Any idea what's all the commotion about ?" I asked Chris once I reached my locker.

"You haven't heard?" he asked confused.

"Heard what !" I snapped.

He took a step towards me putting both is hands on my sides, trapping me between him and the locker. He leaned in & whispered in my ear.

"You baby doll are in the auction"

As soon as he said this the bell rang . Chris left me alone in the hallway.
I was angry, was the under statement of the century. My body was fuming with rage .My hands were shaking with anger.  Connor had some explaining to do.

I marched to my class only to see that it had already begun. Luckily for me, Connor was in this class. I entered the class.

"You're late Miss Clearwater"

"Ya, I know. You know what I'm just – " but I didn't even finish the sentence cause I had already dragged Connor out of the full class to an empty one.

"What the hell does this mean Connor ?!" I asked shoving the list of people who were in the auction, in his face.

"On about that I was meaning to talk to you about it" he answered nervously cratching the back of his neck.

We stayed in silence for a minute before Connor started ranting.

"Look Faith, it's for a good cause. You know that  all the money that's collected is donated to a charity And you being one of the hottest girls, I had to nominate you."

I sighed realizing that there was no way out of this

 "Fine, but don't expect me to dress up.

"On thank you ! Thank you so much. You don't have to dress up just show up !"

Saying this he walked out of the class Ok so now let me rewind. All of you must be wondering what the auction is.

'The Auction' is a charity event which is held by the school every year. A ramp was set up in the cafeteria along with multiple tables and chairs. A few girls and boys were selected by the student's body president. The girl or boy would model down the ramp and the audience would bid on them.

Yes you heard me right. The persons who bids the highest on a particular person get's to spend the next two days with them.

Now you see the problem, I wasn't ready to spend two days with a total stranger.