Chapter 20

" Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; It dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."

Faith

The next morning I woke up with a smile on my face only to find the space next to me, empty.
I got up and wrapped the blanket around me to hide my nakedness. Chris wasn't there though his room was back to normal.

Chris came out of the bathroom shirtless using a towel to dry his hair. I blushed when I saw the hickey on his collarbone.

I looked up and saw a frown on his face.

"What's wrong ?" I asked concerned.

"What we did was wrong it was a mistake, all of it." He whispered.

I was controlling the tears that were threatening to fall down my face.

"What do you want us to do?" I asked already knowing his answer.

"I want us to forget about it.

I took a deep breath not wanting to show him the pain he was causing me.

I nodded before speaking.

"I should leave."

"I think you should."

I quickly got dressed in last night's clothes and l dashed out of his room. As soon as I was out of the house. I let the tears fall freely.
I ran inside my own house passing the living room.

"Fai—" but I didn't let Beth finish as I dashed to my room and locked myself in before breaking down.

Ten minutes later Alex came in opening the door with a spare key, he got it after the last thunderstorm incident He came and sat next to me on the floor.

"What happened kitten? Why are you crying?" He asked wiping away my tears.

"I gave him a second chance Alex. I tried and I thought we could be friends again. But.......But we can't.We never could. I let him in and he shattered me all over again" I whispered bringing my knees to my chest.

"What did he do? Do I need to bring my rifle ?" he tried to joke but failed miserably.

"I'm going to go and visit Mom. I'll be back before you leave tonight."

Alex didn't look convinced leaving me alone but he did eventually. And that was what I needed. To be left alone.

-------------------------------
Chris

I was sitting in the garden when Alex came and punched me hard on my cheek.I clutched it and turned to look at him.

"What the hell Man?!" I yelled at him.

"I don't know what you did this time but you better fix it. It took me five whole years to get Faith to finally learn to believe in herself when you broke her once again and that too when I convinced her to give you a second chance. You broke her all over again!" he yelled.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused.

"You broke her heart once and drove her to do things I can't even talk about. You destroyed her. And when we shifted back I thought you had changed over the years So I asked Faith to give you a chance, but you definitely proved me wrong You broke her again." 

I stayed silent and tried to make sense of his words. How could I break Faith? It was true she hated me when she shifted back but sometime in the middle she stopped. She tried to be sweet to me and behaved with me like she did with everyone else.