Chapter 33

" She had the soul of a gypsy, the heart of a hippie and the soul of  a fairy............"

Faith

"It's just a stupid picnic Macy, not a date so chill out." I tried to explain it to her for the millionth time.

"Do I need to remind you what were his exact words? He said and I quote 'We're going on a date, you owe me.' "Macy spoke in a mock guys voice.

Currently, we were sitting in my room looking for an outfit my picnic with Chris. Yes, you heard me correctly, Chris was taking me on a date. Apparently, I owed him.

When he went to buy those tampons for me the cashier at the store turned out to be one of his ex-girl- friends. You can imagine the rest. After that, he demanded that I owed him and now he was taking me on a bloody data. Let me tell you I was not happy about it.

"Oh, by the way, Sam finally grew some balls and asked Vanessa out," Macy said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh my God. You have to be kidding me! Seriously." I yelled. It was no secret that sam was smitten with Vanessa herself. God that girl was so naive.

"I'm not kidding. He asked her just yesterday and Vanessa is still too dazed to announce it to the word."

I just smiled and sent a quick text to Vanessa. Okay now to handle the problem at hand.

What the hell should I wear?

I didn't want to give Chris those vibes which said that I was interested cause I was not.

Macy went inside my closet and threw some clothes at me. I grabbed them just in time and began to change.

I wore simple denim cutoffs with a striped blue and white t-shirt. Shipping into my converse high tops I tucked my phone in my back pocket. After applying some eyeliner and mascara and throwing my hair into a high messy ponytail with a simple braid on the side I was ready to go.

At dot eleven the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it," Damon said grumbling.
He was pretty pissed off at me for going for that stupid picnic. Why was he always at our place anyway? Oh, I forget he's my idiotic brother's best friend. Some best friend he is, Alex is sulking away to glory cause of whatever problem is going on between him and Cory, and what is Damon doing? Nothing.

"Hey," Chris greeted me once I got out of the house.

He was wearing ripped jeans with a light blue t-shirt. His hair was its own messy self Simple yet nice.

"Hi," I replied back.

He grinned and turned me around. There were two bicycles standing there one with a picnic basket. I squealed and ran to them climbing on one.

"We're cycling to the park," Chris explained climbing on one himself.
I grinned and began to cycle next to Chris. Lively chatter filled the atmosphere as Chris told me about some prank he'd played on Cedric. We'd just rounded around the block when something happened to our cycles.

It began to shake and then suddenly the chain popped out destroying the entire system.

"Shit" Chris muttered before leaping off the cycle in one jump.
He checked the cycle before sighing and answering.

"Nothing can be done about them right now. I'm sorry." he apologized sincerely.

"It's okay. We'll walk to the park" I suggested.

"Are you sure? I can always run back and get the car."

"Nah. Let's walk." I said locking my hands with his.
He grabbed the basket and we began to walk.