Epilogue

"Come on Lily, breakfast." Liam called up the stairs before heading back into the kitchen, sighing. He saw Niall looking down at a letter with wide eyes and his mood instantly became one of worry rather than impatience towards his daughter. "Love what's wrong?"

"Zayn gets out today." Niall said, folding the letter back up and leaving it on the side of the work top.

Tommy gurgled from his place in the high chair and Niall picked him up, holding him close and closing his eyes.

"Really? Well he won't find us."

"No, Liam the letter was from him. He wants to see me." Niall's chest tightened and he sat down on the kitchen chair, bouncing his son up and down on his legs.

"Oh. That's alright babe, you don't have to go." Liam says then turns to the stairs again, "Lily!"

"But,"

"Dadda!" Tommy cut his Daddy of and his small fingers poked at Niall's face. Niall giggled softly and pulled a funny face, before looking back at Liam,

"I think I should. What if he is sorry?" Niall questioned as Lily pattered down the stairs,

"Sorry Papa, but I couldn't find a pen." The 6 year old said.

"It's alright love, the school will have pens." Liam said, placing her breakfast infront of her as she climbs onto the chair.

"I have one now." She held up a blue pen before looking down at the breakfast cereal.

"I'm going to see him." Niall decided after a moment of silence between the family.

"Are you sure?" Liam asked, taking Tommy's baby food off the side and giving it to Niall.

"See who?" Lily asked through a mouthful or cornflakes.

"No one sweetheart." Niall reassured and Lily pouted but didn't say a thing more. "Yeah, Li, I'm sure." Even though he looked slightly terrified.

"Okay." Liam said, "Would you like me to come with you? Where are you meeting."

"Just this coffee shop." Niall shrugged and began to feed Tommy who sucked hungrily on the spoon, "I'll text you if he does something bad okay?"

Liam nodded, "If you're sure Niall. Lily, are you nearly finished, we need to get you to school."

Lily, through her last mouthful of cornflakes, nodded her hair and gets off the chair, "Ready Papa."

"Lily, come give Daddy a kiss." Niall called and smiled as his daughter kisses his cheek, "Have a good day sweetheart."

Lily nodded, "Love you Daddy."

"Love you too."

"Bye TomTom." Lily kissed her little brothers forehead as he murmured a 'LilLilLil' to himself happily.

"Bye love." Liam calls as he opens the door,

"Bye Li, I'm seeing Zayn at about 1. I promise I'll be fine."

"Okay, love you."

Niall smiled as the door shut and resumes feeding his 1 year old son his food.

"Daddy loves you Tommy."

Tommy gurgled, showing dimples as he smiled as his Daddy's words.

"Daddyyy."

"Yeah." Niall laughed softly, "We need to get you to Granny's don't we? And then I can go to work."

Tommy nodded and swallowed his last mouthful of food and Niall wiped his mouth on the baby's bib.

"Come on then."

/

The cafe was quiet, but Niall saw Zayn straight away and he felt sick all of a sudden. Zayn smiled at him softly and Niall forced himself to walk over to him. He sat opposite him silently.

"Hi."

Zayn looked older; his hair shorter and his facial hair longer. He looked tired and Niall could see the sadness in his eyes and he felt bad.

"Hey." Niall said quietly.

"How are you?"

"Good." Niall says, "Liam and I are married. We have two kids."

Zayn nodded, even though Niall could see how much it hurt him, "That's nice. How old are they?" But Niall was sure he didn't really want to know.

"Lily's 6 and Tommy was 1 last week."

Zayn nodded, "I'm sorry." He said eventually, "I was awful to you."

Niall smiled sadly and fumbled his hands about his lap. "Yeah." And he thought it would be rude to ask how Zayn was. Because he knew.

"I'm okay." Zayn said anyway, and Niall hated how they still seemed to understand. "I mean, I'm lonely but, I'm not, like before."

Niall nodded, "Good."

"I'm surprised you came." Zayn said, "I didn't think you would."

Niall shrugged, "Had didn't I? I miss when we friends, Zayn."

Zayn nodded, "How's Lou and Haz?"

Niall smiled, "Twins and a baby."

"That's cool." Zayn chuckled, "Do you think they'd let me see them."

Niall shrugged, "Probably."

"Hey do you want a drink?"

Niall nodded, "I can pay-"

"No." Zayn insisted, "Let me."

Niall nodded, and he thought that maybe he and Zayn could be friends again and things would be good again.

And somehow everything is.

----------------

It's, its finished. Wow. I hope you enjoyed this story. My next one, I think, is going to be called 'This Town' and it'll be a cute AU thing.

But yeah, I can't believe this story is finished, I loved it so much and I know I got slow on updates but finally it's finished. Please vote and comment and I'll see you soon with my new story. I love you all so much, thank you for sticking with this story because I swear I've literally been writing it for 2 years or something.

So thank you thank you thank you.

Xx