Chapter 41

There were many tears, over the next few months. But they were all happy. Like when Zayn was sentenced to 10 years, and Niall only had to look at Zayn one last time until he was gone, for now at least. And then he had fallen into his brother's arms and cried quietly with a small smile on his face because he was finally free. And he and Liam cried happy tears when they got the restraining order lifted, and outside the court they ran into each others arms, and Niall cried, whispering I love you, I love you over and over again and Liam held him tighter and said it back through tears of his own.

Liam stayed at Niall's house that night, and they laid beside each other under the covers, looking at each other's figures in the dark.

"I'm so happy Liam." Niall said contentedly as Liam's thumb caressed the skin on Niall's waist.

"Me too. Your family are lovely, you know that?"

Niall nodded, "They're amazing."

"Better than my family." Liam said quietly and he looked away from Niall then.

"What do you mean?" Niall asked, and the softness in his voice made Liam look back up at him.

"They- my parents preferred my sisters to me, that's all. But your family love you and your brother so much and I love that."

Niall nodded and kissed Liam's lips softly, "And I love you."

Liam laughed quietly and rubbed his nose against Niall's, "I love you too Ni."

And things, to Niall, suddenly felt like they should be: warm, and gentle and happy. And then things were okay.

----------------
(I think the tenses should be right in this but I'm used to writing in present tense in my stories now so if the tenses mess up anywhere tell me)
Last Chapter!!! I might actually write the epilogue now (and I actually mean it this time). Hope you enjoyed this story because honestly, I've been writing this for so long and it's going to be weird without thinking 'Oh yeah I really need to update this it's been weeks' all the time, but yeah.
My Niam Advent Calendar is well underway and somehow I got back my Niam mindset and inspiration somehow because I'm getting loads of ideas now yay.

In other news though, RIP Johannah. The news about her shocked me, and it is so sad. She was such an amazing mother, and an amazing, loving woman and she didn't deserve this. But I am so proud of Louis, when he performed on the X Factor. He is the strongest person I think I have ever known and I want to hug him and the rest of his family so much. But Johannah's death did remind me how important this fandom is to me, because since the hiatus, I must have joined like, at least five other fandoms but nothing will ever compare to the homeliness and family feel this fandom gives me. And Louis' performance brought all that back for me, and it's sad and horrible that such a terrible thing caused me to find my way home, but it did. But yeah, it's a terrible sadness but Louis and his family are all so strong and I love them all so much.

But yeah, I'll write the epilogue now and then, this story will be finished!!