Chapter [2]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Risk It All: The Vamps

-Bloodstream: Ed Sheeran

-Yellow Flicker Beat: Lorde

Fate saves the living when they drive away death themselves.

Justin tries to reach for me again but I'm further away from his touch each step he tries to get closer to me.

"Don't say that," Justin's voice cracks, and I'm rocking back and forth holding myself.

I want Justin to hold me, I want his scent to surround us both and for him to just take me away from all of this, but nothing changes.

How can I forgive?

"How can I not?!" I scream into my knees, my own voice startling me so.

I want to kick and scream like an unhappy child without their toy, but I can't.

I just can't.

There is nothing else to do or think because the unthinkable has taken claim over us all and it's so hard to accept. The further I stay hidden from it, maybe I can convince myself this is a terrible dream.

But it's not, this is not just a dream.

I am in a place that no one runs to, or the world doesn't spin in. It's like a prison for the innocent, I'm contained in, and I'd happily stay there if Justin would leave me alone.

"You can't hide from me, god dammit, look at me!"

I can feel Justin so close to me, his heart break is falling like broken flower petals down on me like an unstoppable rain. But I don't want to. I don't want to look the face in the eye I was so afraid I had lost, until I hadn't.

I'm afraid that if I look at Justin I won't be able to hold myself. I will shatter and weakness is already eating me away until there is nothing left.

It's so cold and the world seems to pick up speed around us.

If I were to listen closely I can hear the tiny, fast breathes of everyone else near the crash still. All alive and well, except for one.

What do I do?

What will anyone else do?

My head is so full that it hurts to think and I wrap my own arms further around myself, protecting myself from the outside world. If I can't have what I want the most out of this world, then I will leave it to.

It's a terrible thought, but I can't stop it.

"Leave me alone," I whisper, my tears falling over my lips when I speak, but I'm in no rush to wipe them away.

Justin's fingers wrap around my arms, "Stop, you don't mean that."

"Justin!" When he tries to pull me up, I scream. I scream like someone is trying to hurt me, I scream like I don't have anyone else anymore and I thrash around in his arms trying my hardest to get away from him.

I just want to be alone, why can't anyone see that?

"I said leave me alone!" I'm standing on my own two feet once more, and I hadn't realized how bad I am shaking.

My knee's are wobbling and Justin notices to.

"Selena, fucking stop, stop your stupid ass protection ways and realize what you are doing," Justin insists but I'm to blind sighted to listen anymore.

It's my direction or it's no direction.

I throw my hands in the air, the wind suddenly picking up, "No, Justin don't you get what just happened? You aren't even fucking crying? Your little brother-"