Chapter [1]

The songs for this chapter are:

-The Only Exception: Paramore

-This City Never Sleeps: Jason Walker

-Everybody Lies: Jason Walker

*MUST READ TAKE ME 1 FIRST!*

Three Years Earlier

I stood there.

Arms folded together like the sense of dignity and bitchiness all at once, and I stood waiting.

Kendra's name kept popping up on my phone screen asking where I was and I reply with a simple, "Out" before shoving my phone into my back pocket.

It is a colder day in Tacoma, Washington, but the sun seems to offer little light I need to keep the butterflies in my stomach from eating me inside out.

I was going to meet a family today.

A very rich family, who my mother knew from a friend of a friend, and she said that they were looking for a baby sitter or nanny, for their eight year old son.

I don't even remember the families last name. It was something funny, I had never heard before and the thought of being unprepared kept nagging at me.

But also the thought that the family might not like me. What if the mother is mean and the father wont stop to give me a second glance? And what if the son is nasty and won't listen to me?

My mind fills with all the possibilities before I couldn't take it anymore. The drilling in my head was killing me.

I had never had a job before, let alone anything that required me to look after someone else, but my mom thought it would be a good way for me to meet more people and become more friendly. Perhaps it's because she wants to see if I can be responsible or not in taking care of another human being.

Come on.

The boys eight years old and his family is rich, I doubt I'll even have to be around that long, and maybe in a year or two I can look back and think about the job I had as a baby sitter for a little while.

My mother gave me directions that morning to their house before I left for school since, neither her nor Dad could drive me.

At fifteen, I still need a parent to drive with. I can't wait for more freedom and crazy days and the times I can forget all about my parents disconnection to me.

I watch my shadow as I stroll along, stray breezes playing with the strands of my hair.

Even though the sun is out, I shivered. All my life, I have wanted to attend college in California and that's exactly what path I'll head on, no interruptions and no reason to stay here.

Even though I kind of wish their was.

I wish I didn't hate my school the way I did, or want so much to escape my oh so clingy mother. Sure, we got along but she's never quite the same as each day comes a long.

I guess it's a give or take, and you have to learn to roll with the punches.

Then there are the guys.

I haven't found anyone who makes my head spin round or keeps my feet off the ground. I'm waiting, but no one comes around.

My mother insists I spend more time around Dylan, Kendra's twin brother, but he doesn't acknowledge me much and he seems to always be hiding something.

Their are secrets I'm not sure I want to uncover behind his eyes.

Everything about the way he talks is mysterious and I would rather die than get caught in something with him.