Chapter [29]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Soap: Melanie Martinez

-What Do You Mean: Justin Bieber

-Jet Black Heart: 5 Seconds of Summer

-Cheyenne: Jason Derulo

Dedicate to christaxbelle for all the times I have smiled at your comments and reactions to every chapter. I should have dedicated a chapter to you sooner.

Selena's POV

"You two are probably the most fucked up people I've ever known." Chase leans on the lockers beside mine, his eyes following my every move.

I set my book in my locker, grabbing my science book for the last class of the day, before closing and making sure it's locked behind me.

"That's coming from the Australian who's sister messed up my boyfriend," I walk down the hall and he follows after me, "Eh."

Chase laughs, "Canadians say eh, Selena."

"Oh," I turn around to face him. My eyes land on his lips. The lips I kissed in the girls bathroom once, "I'll see you in the outback mate." I can't help but laugh at myself.

Chase only steps closer to me, rolling his eyes and running a free hand through his blonde hair.

"Your attempts of trying to imitate me are failing."

Okay, mate.

I move my gaze to fall on the floor where our feet are standing directly posed opposite one another. He doesn't speak and I don't either.

A couple days ago I called him when I was drunk. I don't remember why I called him out of all people, but the point is that he did come to get me. If I think about it hard enough I can pinpoint tiny details of how Justin suddenly came into Chase's room, or how it felt to touch him when I wasn't aware of my own body, but other than that it's all fuzzy.

However, I do remember Justin continuously cussing when we walked into our apartment and my display of empty beer bottles were still cascaded around the kitchen. I remember him cleaning it all up before pulling me with him into a shower.

And I remember what happened this past weekend.

I'm not a thief, even though I have stolen the Devils heart.

But now, I can officially say I have broken an entry. Justin told me it doesn't count when the place we broke into was my own parents home, and we used the spare key, but it's still wrong. We were stupid, but it was thrilling.

You see, all my clothes were still there, all my belongings, and I needed them back. So I took back what was mine, with Justin's help. We sat in his car for a couple of hours parked a little away from my house just waiting.

My heart hadn't stopped pounding through the whole thing, and when both my parents had left the house, we went in.

I smile down at the ground, before taking a deep breath and looking up at Chase.

"I wanted to thank you again for coming to get me when I was... a little out of it." I shift on my legs and Chase nods.

"I'm your friend, Selena. I know you don't have a lot of people to trust, but you can trust me. I won't ever hurt you. I promise." He smiles, "Besides I didn't do much, because we both knew he was going to come sooner or later."

That's true. Justin is always there, whether I want him to be or not. Whether I think he will be or not.

Chase holds his smile and I want to smile back, but something in my stomach flips. Something fills me with doubt.