Chapter [25]

The songs for this chapter are:

-Hanging By a Moment: LifeHouse

-From Where You Are: LifeHouse

-Lessons In Love: Neon Tree's

There is a quote from a movie, and song lyrics in here, if you find them comment on it...

Justin's POV

Cause I need an interventionist to intervene between me and this monster, and save me from myself and all this conflict, 'cause the very thing that I love's killing me and I can't conquer it...

The lyrics were just lyrics, but as they flowed through my mind, I couldn't help but feel angrier and angrier with Clay.

The thing that I love is intact killing me. The person I love.

Love isn't suppose to hurt like this? It isn't suppose to knock you to your knees and make you gasp for air as you try to stand. But falling in love with Selena wasn't the hard part, that was easy. She has a light that casts over her and it attracts even the darkest of beings. They are drawn to destroy, but some are drawn because they want to be healed.

What's hard is staying in love with her. She sits in the passenger seat next to me and I can't help but think back to all the lies I told her, this fucked up shit I'm still putting her through, and this one thing that will haunt me.

She stays beside me and I still haven't a clue why.

I would have run from myself given the chance, but this amazing woman is with me, as I sit in this car driving, imagining ways I can run away.

Did I mean it when I said we were both moving to California?

I don't know. I could follow her anywhere, but so would my demons. If I leave, so does the pain.

"Why are you so quiet?" Selena asks, reaching over to turn up the song.

Maybe I need a straightjacket, face facts I am nuts for real, but I'm okay with that. It's nothing, I'm still friends with the...

I turn the volume down, "I don't like this song."

Selena's brow furrows, but she doesn't say anything. Good girl. She always knows when to not push me, even though I'm always pushing her, past her limits.

The car falls silent again, and I don't mind. Selena keeps glancing over at me, but I pretend not to notice. I'm tired, mad and I need to either fuck her, or keep quiet so I don't hurt.

My eyes stay trained on the road, my knuckles holding on tightly to the steering wheel. I can feel the blood draining my cheeks and the numbness begins in my fingers. There's a shaking that over takes my being, but I push the feeling away, until it's back even stronger than before. My eyes are burning, and my throat feels swollen.

Selena's touch on the upper part of my arm sends me into an even crazier frenzy. Fire ignites on my skin only making me further deranged.

"Justin," her voice is weak, "You're going really fast."

I glance over at her suddenly, to see she has pulled her knee's to her chest and her hold on my arm tightens. Fright is clear in her eyes.

But I can't stop myself.

I can hear the cars fading to either side as I hurry the car along. My eyes are blurring and fading. It seems difficult to keep my head up, and it drops for a split second.

"You can't ask me questions like that silly." I gently bite the girls nose, and she giggles pushing on my chest, to stare into my eyes.

"Yes I can."