Chapter 22

After what seemed like forever, Rowan stopped walking and sat down with his back against a tree. "We're just gonna sit here for now okay? I think I can smell them." I looked up at him, another round of shivers running through my body, my temperature spiking to a level that would kill a human, and most likely any other Wolf. 

My body shook as my skin burned. "R-rown? W-water. Put me in w-water." He held me tighter. 

"That won't help." He said with a small growl. 

"You have to b-break the fever somehow. Water will h-help." 

"But what if it makes you worse? I am not going to loose you." He pressed his forehead against mine gently.

"Rowan, we don't have a c-choice. This f-fever is going to kill me if it doesn't break soon." He let out a terrifying snarl and tightens his grip on me more, and this time I felt it and let out a whimper. "Owe." I mumbled quietly. 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." He whispered and loosened his grip on me. 

"Find a pond, or a stream, o-or something Rowan." I looked up at him, my vision blurred. 

"But-"

"Rowan, I'm going to die if you don't, please, just please." I whispered the last part, and he let out a small growl of frustration. 

"Alright, I don't want to hurt you while I run, but I can't just leave you here." I gently touched his cheek and closed my eyes, resting my forehead against his. 

"Just go, I'll be fine." He looked torn. "Rowan, put me down and go." I put as much force into my voice as I could, apparently it was enough. He gently set me down and pressed a kiss to my forehead before forcing himself to shift and walk away.