Chapter 4

I woke up only minutes after they finished stitching me up. Jerome was still holding my hand, his head resting against the bed. "Why are you so down, you're acting like I've been out for months." My voice came out raspy and his head snapped up like I'd caught him by surprise. 

"Oh thank Gods your awake." He squeezed my hand gently. "You scared the hell out of me." He said and sat on the edge of the bed. 

"Yeah, those rogues scared the hell out of me." I looked up at him. "Can I get some water?" Just then, my dad walked in with a bottle of water, and he smiled a little when he saw me awake. 

"Thank the Gods." He mumbled and walked closer. "Hey sweety, how you feeling?" 

"She's feeling thirsty Alpha." Jerome said jokingly and I smiled a little bit. My dad offered me the water bottle and I moved my arm to take it, but pain shot through me and I hissed quietly. 

"Son of a bi-" I started but Jerome saved me by covering my mouth and I gave him a great full look as he took the water bottle. My father coughed to hide his chuckle. 

"Sit up slowly, don't try and use your right arm." He warned me and carefully helped me sit up. I chugged the entire bottle down in three swallows. 

"Ahhh, thank you."

After a while of resting and healing, I left the pack doctors and headed for home, my father and Jerome in tow, watching my every move. I had insisted I was fine, but I knew they didn't think so. I would let them worry, only because it was sweet and hilarious at the same time. The second I opened the door to the pack house a little body was flung at me and wrapped little arms around my neck and legs around my waist, hugging tightly. My baby sister trembled as she kept her grip firm, her face buried in my neck. I wrapped my good arm around her back, holding her against me.

 "Hey little sis." I mumbled into her hair. 

"You scared me." Was the reply I got. 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." I held her tighter to me, shifting her so she was on my hip and away from my still throbbing shoulder. 

"Hey angel." Jerome said from behind me, causing my little sister to peer over my shoulder at him and a blush to creep up her little cheeks. "How you doing little thang?" He drawled and wiggled his eyebrows. She ducked her head back into my neck and I laughed softly, I mouthed a 'thank you' to him over my shoulder and walked in so my dad and him could come into the house. 

"What happened? Daddy told me to stay in the house with Lidia and that he was going to help you cause you got hurt and-" her voice cracked and I shushed her softly. 

"It's alright sweetheart. It was just a scratch and I needed daddy to come and help me shoo away the bad dogs that were being mean to me." I walked us up to my room and sat on the bed, trying not to wince as my shoulder got a jolt from the movement. "How was school today?" I asked her, rocking gently, trying to calm her down. She was sniffling, trying to cry quietly but I could hear. 

"It was fun. It was Julian's birthday and he brought cake for just me and him." I laughed softly. 

"It sounds like Julian's after you little missy." I ruffled her silky brown hair and she giggled. "Don't let him getcha that easily. Give him heck baby sis." She giggled again. 

"Just like you and mamma?" My smile faltered for a split second and then I grinned down at her. 

"Just like me and momma."

When Lysandra was asleep, cuddled up with the big stuffed animal Wolf on my bed that was bigger than her, my dad knocked on the door. "Is she down for the count?" I nodded. 

"Yeah. She's totally out." He came up to me and hugged me carefully. 

"Thank you." He kissed the crown of my head. 

"You're sure you're alright?" I grinned up at him. 

"Now dad, it's going to take a lot more than a little bite to put me down." I joked quietly. He shook his head. 

"Just like your mother." He said it so softly I thought I was imagining things, but I saw the pain in his eyes. 

"She should be here. She'd be so proud of you dad." I whispered, forcing back the tears. 

"She'd be proud of you too baby." He cleared his throat, but the raw pain lingered in his eyes. "Here. This should help you sleep." He held out a little blue pill and I took it from his hand, eyeing it warily. "Don't worry. It's just a painkiller, but it will make you drowsy, so take it and get to bed. We have to leave in a couple hours." He kissed my forehead and headed towards the door. 

"Dad. About the Hunt." He froze, his shoulders stiffening. "I don't want you to worry about me. I know how to hold my own." He nodded once and rubbed his face. 

"Whatever you do sweetheart. You'll always be my little girl. And your mothers daughter. So give 'em hell." 

"I will." And he walked out the door.

Not to ClaimOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara