Chapter 15

"You've got to be kidding me." I stared at him, wanting so badly for him to laugh and say he was joking, that it was all a joke. 

"Everyone wants you." He said, standing completely still, listening for more movement. 

"Everyone wants me." I repeated, not fully able to believe it, and I just saw two Alphas fighting over me. What if Rowan has to fight everyone that comes after me? Not just the Alphas but others too? No, he can't, he wouldn't, doesn't matter, Mate or not, he won't fight that many people for me. I thought to myself, but apparently he caught my train of thought because he let out a soft, protective growl 

"I would fight the Gods themselves if it means keeping you as mine forever." I don't think I've blushed quite so hard in my life. 

"Rowan I-" He shushed me then. 

"Someone's too close to be just passing by." He said softly. 

"Why don't we just run?" I asked quietly. 

"Because running means causing a chase, and I don't like the idea of anyone chasing you but me." 

"There's more to it than that, I know there is. You can't lie to me Rowan." He sighed. 

"Werewolf's love the hunt, you know that. Part of the hunt is the chase, and once Alpha's start a hunt, they don't stop until they're finished stalking their prey." I just nodded, staying quiet as I heard a twig snap less than 20 feet to our left. Someone was getting way too close for comfort. 

"Rowan-" 

"Shh." 

"But-" 

"Shhh." I let out a little huff and a small whine as he pressed me harder against the tree. There was a low growl at my whine and Rowan growled back. 

"Rowan." I tried again but he kept growling, and the other male growled along with him. "Rowan you're starting to crush me." I let out another little whine. He quickly let off some of the pressure he was using to press me against the tree and I let out a little breath I didn't know I had been holding. Then the growling stopped, from both of them. 

"Okay, Rowan, you're not going to like this but..." I stepped out from behind him and stepped in front of him. I didn't want to be crushed against the tree again, I could already feel the bruises forming on my back and shoulders. A snarl ripped out of Rowans throat and he grabbed me around the waist, slamming me back against his chest and I let out a little gasp. 

"Son of a-" I didn't get to finish as a sleek looking brown Wolf jumped out from behind the trees and stalked towards us. The words I wanted to say froze on my lips. It was another Alpha, and this time, I knew him, and I was so ready to tear his throat out when he bared his teeth and snarled at Rowan that I took a step forward and let out a growl of my own. Rowan gripped my waist and wrapped his arms around me tightly. 

"Don't even think about it." He growled in my ear and pressed his face against my neck possessively. The Wolf growled and moved forward, i could feel his breath against my legs. 

"Rowan." I whispered, "Rowan you need to let go of me, please." I whispered and gently grabbed his hands, slowly pulling them from my waist and stepping out of his reach quickly. He let out a snarl but didn't move. I let out a low growl and the Wolf took a step back, bowing his head. 

"Zach, you need to leave." Rowan stepped forwards and more carefully than before wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back against his chest. 

"Zach... Zach Jamison?" He asked and the Wolf gave a little nod before shifting in front of us, Rowan covered my eyes quickly and I let out a little laugh as he growled protectively. I pulled his fingers away and kept my eyes above waist line on Zach. 

"I'm sorry, I thought he was hurting you and I didn't know it was you Alpha Rowan, my Wolf has never liked it, seeing her hurt, and he almost took over." Zach rambled on as Rowan narrowed his eyes at him. 

"Don't worry about it Zach, but, um, you should go, before he starts to throw a fit about you not having any clothes on around me." I said and Rowan tightened his grip just a little bit and I let out a little hiss of pain. Zach took a step forward and then froze in his spot as I shook my head and Rowan let out a loud growl. 

"Shhh, Rowan, stop it." 

"I'm sorry." He whispered and ran his hands over my sides lightly, trying to calm himself down. 

"Thank you for wanting to help Zach, but I'm fine, really." He nodded and shifted, loping back off into the forest.