Chapter 18

I was cold and shivering slightly, waking up halfway and panicking a little as I felt an arm around my waist. I tried to squirm away but there was a soft, sleepy growl and I stiffened as the arm tightened around my waist more. I let out a little whine on accident and another soft growl sounded, a cold nose brushing against my neck and I shivered again. 

"What's wrong?" A deep voice sounded in the darkness, sleepy and half awake. I let out a soft sigh, realizing it was only Rowan. I had forgotten where I was, and who I was with for a moment. "Hey, TJ, what's wrong?" He asked again, waking up more. The cold floor of the cave we had found was more than cold, it was freezing and uncomfortable. 

"Nothing, go back to sleep." He grumbled a little and rolled on top of me, careful not to crush me but enough of his weight to hold me down. 

"Somethings wrong." He gently pressed his lips against my neck, pulling another shiver out of me. "You're skin is freezing." He said softly and rolled so I was laying on top of him. 

"I'm fine." I said softly, letting out a soft sigh as I relaxed against his warmth. He ran his hands over my back and up and down my arms, his hands warm and gentle. 

"This isn't doing much is it?" He asked quietly as I shivered again. I shrugged and pressed my face against his chest, trying to make my body relax, but even his touch couldn't do that with the temperature so low. "Why don't you shift, it'll be warmer." He said, sounding more concerned than before. I shook my head.

 "I-I don't think I have enough energy to shift." He let out a soft, frustrated growl and sat up carefully. 

"Hang on. Hang on just for a second." He sat me next to him and moved a little ways away, shifting into his huge Wolf and padded closer to me slowly. He nudged my shoulder gently and laid down next to me. I moved to lay against his side and he curled himself around me, his tail wrapped around my waist. I let out a sigh as his body heat cocooned me. Slowly the shivering stopped and I fell asleep.