Chapter 19

When she fell asleep after I shifted and curled up around her, I couldn't go back to sleep. Even through my fur I could feel how her skin was chilled. Her lips were blue and I didn't know how to warm her up. So I just laid there curled around her and praying to the Gods and Goddesses she didn't get sick on the first night in this damned forest. 

I didn't understand how she was so cold, Wolfs body temperatures were so much higher than humans, and we didn't get cold like she was unless something was seriously wrong. Something like a silver wound or another Wolf's bite, especially a rogues, could cause something like this, blood loss was another thing. That's when it dawned on me. 

That bite on her shoulder, it wasn't fully healed, she had to have lost a lot of blood, and she never told me how it happened. Son of a bitch. I growled softly and she let out a soft whimper, still out cold. Literally. 

I moved around carefully and turned her gently on her side so I could see her shoulder, there were blood stains around the bite and a clear, toxic smelling liquid slowly sliding down her back. I let out another growl and braced myself before gently licking the wound, making her whimper and I tried so hard not to gag at the wicked tasting substance. There was no way that bite wasn't infected, but with what, I didn't know. It had to be some type of poison or something similar. This was not good. 

I nudged her again gently, she wasn't waking up, but her lips weren't as blue as before, but that was the only good thing that had happened throughout the past hour. If she didn't wake up soon I was going to have to shift and get her the hell out of this forest. Come on, come on don't do this to me. Come on TJ, you have to wake up. I licked her neck and her face and saw her eyes flutter so I did it again, and she let out a groan. 

"Eww, what the-" She wiped her face and I let out a relieved sigh, nuzzling her gently. "Rowan? What's wrong." She asked, looking up at me with those beautiful eyes of hers. They were cloudy and had a bit of a sheen on them from sleeping so heavily. 

I shook my head and nuzzled her again, gently pressing my snout against her neck. She tried to push me away lightly but I let out a low growl of protest and a whine of apology when she flinched back at the growl. I moved my head to lay across her back, like a hug without hands, closing my eyes and focusing on her heart beat. It sounded weak and too slow to be anywhere near healthy. 

I needed her to be healthy and strong, not sick and vulnerable like she was right now. I didn't know what to do, so I mind linked my Delta. Damian? Where are you at? Alpha Rowan, I was looking for my Mate, but haven't found her yet. What's wrong Sir? I need you to help me with something, it's important. Of course Alpha, I'll be with you as soon as I can be.