Chapter 8

"Sir. The Silver Crests are here." The Alpha stood from his desk, looking his Beta up and down, seeing him as presentable, they headed down stairs to greet their last guests. As the front door was flung open, a scent hit him like a slap to the senses. 

It intoxicated him, making his head buzz with a kind of high he'd never experienced. Mate. His Wolf growled so loud in his head he figured his Beta could hear it. That scent, that scent was everything, it was a mix of coconut and vanilla with a hint of something wild that he couldn't pick out. It was so intoxicating yet soothing. It was everything he ever wanted. And man did he want it.

As the Alpha stepped outside, the scent hit him again, so strong and sweet and... Different. "Alpha Rowan." The Alpha of the Silver Crest pack greeted him. There were murmurs of 'Alpha' from the pack gathered. And one stronger, less respect filled one, "Alpha Rowan." 

It was a female voice, that he was sure of, and it was so sweet, yet filled with hesitance, that's why it wasn't as respectful. That's when he spotted her, the girl he'd been waiting for since the first time he'd seen her years ago. And she was holding another mans hand, and a child that looked almost exactly like her. A low growl shook the windows of the house behind the Alpha and all heads snapped his way, all except one, that angels head didn't turn his way as fast as he would have liked. 

It was slowly, like she had all the time in the world, and to him, when their eyes locked, it seemed like time stopped. That was, until the Alpha of the Silver Crests spoke. "Alpha Rowan. It's nice to see you again." The Alpha stepped forwards and the only ones who didn't step back subtly, didn't even lower their eyes were the Alpha and the girl with the child on her hip. His girl. 

"Alpha Stone. How have you been old man?" The girl, her eyes narrowed at the almost disrespectful calling. But the man just laughed and shook Rowan's hand. 

"I've been good. And you?" 

"I'm well."

 "Good, good. You remember my daughter don't you? It's been a long time since you both met." The girls eyes -they were hard to describe, they looked green, but grey at the same time- flashed and she stepped forwards, flashing him a smile that was almost like a grimace. She didn't let go of the other boys hand until her father, the Alpha of her pack, raised his brows and she huffed and stepped to her fathers side, letting go of the boys hand, her grip tightening around the child on her hip.

 "Rowan." Her voice was cold, her eyes holding so much hostility that it was staggering. 

"I'm sorry, I don't recall you're name." She shrugged, and it didn't escape his notice that she winced, her father cleared his throat. 

"Be polite." He muttered so softly, no one but his daughter was supposed to hear, but Rowan heard. 

"If he can't be bothered to remember it then he doesn't deserve to know it." Her voice so was clipped, so harsh, this wasn't the sweet, respectful girl from his visits in his childhood. Her father looked so shocked at her words, he opened his mouth to reprimand her, but Rowan shook his head, holding back the growl from the disrespect that radiated off her, towards him. 

"And who is this little beauty?" His gaze lingered on her face, cold and blank, before it dropped to the little girl hiding her face in the older girls shoulder. The girl, his own mate, looked like she wanted to rip his jugular out of his throat with her bare hands. 

"This is Lysandra." Her voice softened as she smiled down at the little girl that could only be four or five. 

"Anyway, Alpha." Her voice dripped with so much venom it was astonishing even to him. "Our whole pack is exhausted from the long drive, would it be too much trouble to go to our rooms?"

There was a whole floor left for the Silver Crests, and even then, the Alpha and Betas family had to stay on the floor where the Alpha resided.

"There are three rooms open for you, use all of them if you'd like." Rowan was trying to control himself, his mate would not let that child, Lysandra, out of her arms or the boy who was holding her hand before out of her sight. Smart girl, but she was close to crossing the line between disrespect and outright rogue behavior. 

She would clean up her act, because to represent her pack like she was when she saw him earlier... "Thank you Alpha. Please excuse my... Behavior, from earlier. It has been a long several days." She said and then walked away. Giving the child to her father and going into one of the rooms with that boy, the Beta's son, and closing the door.