Chapter Nineteen-Authors Note

Thanks for reading.

For those of you in the northern hemisphere. ...it must be a little different to hear a story set in SUMMER ... and celebrating Christmas. ..!!!!

Some New Zealand references...

1.TRUMPETS....

our 'darling' Rachel Hunter, at 15, first appeared on a TV advert promoting this waffle cone treat by TipTop. She has gone on to be an iternational model, marry and divorce Rod Stewart, now judge on XFactor.

2. High School in New Zealand is structured as 'Year 9 to Year 13.'.....these refer to the number of years a student has been at school. A 'Year 9' student is generally 14-14 years old. A year 13 student usually 18, after which they go onto University. Dave was a 'high school' teacher and so was Susie.

3. St Clair Beach.

Properties up on the hill with views of St Clair beach and down over the city, and views of ths Otago Harbour in the distance, are very sort after.

Although the home Dave had was stunning, and great location, he would still have been very comfortably off. After selling his property in Queenstown, he would have banked a significant amount.

4. Christmas In The Park.

This is a real televised event, held in the Auckland domain, each year. Local television and radio personslities band together to sing and perform a variety show. there is no entry fee, but collections are taken thtough the night. The finale is a light spectacular. It is a family event with liquor ban to ensure no alcoholic over indulging.

This chapter will be made up of your questions or queries from Christmas Heartache. Keep them coming and thanks for reading.

I have got so hooked on show casing New Zealand at Christmas that I have started another exciting project "High Country Christmas. "

Please check it out and support it, and my other stories. They all have character overlaps, see if you can spot them. I have lost count of the number of times that I've meet someone who knows someone that I know. This is my little 'salute' to the idea of '5º of separation.' Altho in NZ I think it is more like '2º'!!. Thanks again.