Chapter Seventeen- Christmas Day

I had always loved Christmas. I still did in so many ways. But the financial pressure was hard to wear by myself. I still had a big decision to make about the children's schooling, but I was procrastinating.

On top of that, Dave had asked me a question and here I was almost five days later still unsure. Our time together was mind blowing. When I thought about it, it challenged me in its sexual rawness but at the same time I seemed to be perfectly comfortable to do or say things with him that I had never even dreamt of before.

My biggest excuse for not giving him a direct answer yet was the children. The memories of their father in this home were the only ones they had, how could I take that from them? But following Cassie's advice I decided to put it out there and tell them to find out how they felt. Half expecting them to shut me down and give me a reason to decline, I sighed as I remembered, they both open heartedly were pleased for me.

Jessie hoped Dave didn't mind hosting the occasional girls sleep over in the home theatre room, and Tom strangely quiet when I mentioned the gym, because he had wanted to join a local one recently and I simply couldn't afford it. I told them I would tell them as soon as I reached a decision. call me old fashioned but what Dave and I had was so new and aside from both having just come to the realisation that we did in fact love each other, could I make this decision based on so little?

My phone beeped on my bedside table.

I smiled. Dave had agreed to allow me some space to think about things but it hadn't stopped him messaging me everyday, often several times. We had tried one late night phone call, but it hadn't worked. We started playing one of Dave's 'games'. Called 'What I'd do if I was there'. Got us both so hot and bothered that I couldn't stand it and knew that we couldn't 'talk' if I wanted to come up with a decision for him without distractions.

Dave: Hey babe, morning. Merry Christmas. xx

Me: *Sigh. Wish you were here. best drag myself out and head off to Cass and Max.

Dave: wish you hadn't left. My bed and I miss you. xx

Me: *blushes. Stop! You said you would give me time.

Dave: I thought I was a patient man. .. till now. Enjoy your day.

Me: Merry Christmas. ..xxX PS...I love you.

Dave: there's my Christmas present right there! I love you too Susie. Although I would like to show you how much. ...

Wow, he really did know how to get me hot but before I had the luxury of a blissful day dream about him, the whirl wind of the day began. I made Christmas pastries. I had bought the puff pastry and Ernest Adams sweet spicey fruit mince and putting it together, rolled up in the oven to bake mmmmmm.

Once we got to Cass and Max's place we had a lovely day. We all enjoyed watching baby Elsie open her presents. She was such a little lady. Patiently crossing her legs in her baby chair while she waited for her turn. So cute.

By mid afternoon we had all reached a blissful state of fullness and all chilling out when I heard my phone beep. Cassie looked up from her sun lounger and smiled.

"What?"

She laughed "A bit defensive are we? " she joked. "Well are you going to look? I bet it's your hot man. "

I blushed. Sure enough it was. I sighed. "He says he thought he could go the day without seeing me, but finds he can't." Just the thought of seeing him set my heart beating with anticipation, my body tingled.

"Well? Are you going to? You know you're welcome to stay, like we planned. But if you want to go you should. "

"But what about Jessie and Tom? "