Chapter 42: Demeanor

Start from the beginning

I stand in the middle of the room feeling empty and hurt at the same time. I look up at the clock to see it was 1:37. I decided to climb into bed next to Sophia and shut the lights, hoping for sleep to consume me but it never does.

**********

(Sophia's pov)

I brush my hair for the hundredth time and keep replaying the events of last night, frozen in my seat. I look at my bags under my eyes, and cover it up with a little concealer. I don't do my regular routine but stare at the girl looking at me in the mirror.

I didn't feel anything. I felt empty of any emotions.

I head downstairs with my phone to find Skye on the couch watching some tv show. I take a seat next to her and we both sit in a comfortable silence. I was thankful for Skye to not bring up last night the second I entered the room, knowing their was millions of questions in her head. But instead Skye hugs me tightly and I hug her back not knowing how to react.

I felt as if I was frozen in time and I was just going with the flow. I didn't know how to respond to the million of questions I will receive from all my friends. I step out my bubble for a few seconds and allow myself to appreciate Skye for not bombarding me with questions and understanding my decisions, hugging her back tightly, wanting the company.

"How are you feeling?" Skye says with concern putting the back of her hand on my forehead, checking if I have a fever.

"Awful." I say truthfully to her since there was no use in lying. I cough into my sleeve and lay my head on her shoulder.

"I told the others to that you are still sleeping and they said to let you know they are coming over." Skye says with a hesitant look. I groan at her knowing I will be faced with many questions the second they arrive. Skye gets up and I lift my head off of her in confusion.

"I'm going to get you some food, while you-" Skye says cutting herself off to reach for a throw pillow and puts it on her seat.

"-rest here." She says while patting the pillow. I immediately lay horizontally and reach for the blanket Skye brought along with her in the morning.

Skye gets the other end and puts it on top of me and then heads off to the kitchen to get me breakfast. She comes back in five minutes with a bowl of ramen noodles and my stomach immediately growls at the food.

Skye chuckles before saying, "now eat up."

I take the bowl from her hands and start to eat my breakfast. Skye gets me a water bottle and my medicine, mom probably told her to give to me. I take the pill from her and drink some water with it. I mumble 'thanks' to her. She nods her head at me and take a seat next to me from the corner of my eyes I see her giving me a soft look.

I feel the pill going down my throat hating the bitter taste of it lingering on my tongue. I put a fork filled with noodles in my mouth to cover up the taste and it helps only a tiny bit.

Skye picks up the remote and scrolls through all the shows on Netflix, settling on a thriller. We watch the movie but I zone out for most of the movie not really in the mood. I place the finished bowl on the coffee table lay back down. Skye places my head on top of her criss-crossed legs. I pull the blanket closer to me and lay sideways facing the tv. Skye unconsciously plays with my hair and I watch the movie play.