Chapter 30: Shooting Stars

Stone Cold by Demi Lovato plz listen to the song I think it goes with the chapter.

********

Chapter 30

(Sophia's pov)

I run out of the hotel, hearing my sandals slapping against the concrete and quickly hail a cab before Noah calls someone upto the rooftop. All the judge mental people look at me weirdly and watch me run as fast as I can, but I ignore them like how I taught to.

I get to end of the block and whistle with my fingers and then I see Noah running out of the hotel, just before the cab stops right in front of me.

"Sophia, stop!" Noah yells before I jump inside the cab and make my way far away from him.

I shut the door fast and yell to the driver, "step on it." The cab starts moving and I look behind me and see Noah running after the cab, I turn around hating the way my heart felt when I realize he actually went after me this time.

"Where to miss?" The driver askes curiously looking through the mirror.

*********

I sit in my dress I changed into quick before Noah threw me over his shoulder and threatened to throw me off the building. And here I thought he changed.

"So ma'am I think this traffic might last about an hour till we get to our destination" I don't say anything and just stare out the window.

" I hear there will be a meteor shower tonight." He says to me, starting up a small conversation. He then got my interest and I look at him questioningly, sitting up.

I think about the time I last saw a meteor shower which was when I was just five year old with my dad. I wait for a few more minutes for the traffic to start moving but the cab stands still, when I suddenly find myself opening the door and give a twenty dollar bill to the cab driver, through the window and start to making my way to a park nearby, I always went to when I used to live with aunt Sarah.

"Ma'am take your change!" I hear the cab driver yell but I choose to ignore him and make my way inside the huge park.

**********

^^^^^ Sophia's dress^^^^^

*********

I press the hang button after telling Claire and mom I'll take the next flight back home the first thing in the morning, and how I just needed some time alone.

I put my phone on silent, getting annoyed at all the text messages Noah has been sending me the past hour. I stare up to the sky and see the sun has just set and the sky was dark. I look upto the bright moonlight and get lost in my thoughts and how much my life has changed in just over an year.
I miss how my life was before the incident everything changed and then started to think about Noah and how much I hated how much I felt around him and just how some things about me never change. Either it is the old me is somewhere behind my cold exterior or my feelings for Noah, which always manage to resurface whenever he is around.