Chapter 37: Some Nights (1)

Kendall Jenner as Evaline Siriano.

No Words by Sabrina Carpenter (one of my fav songs currently)

*********

Chapter 37
(Lucus's pov)

I put on my suit for the business party and I couldn't help but think what Sophia will be wearing for the small party tonight. I knew it was wrong for me to like someone who is already in love with someone else, but she doesn't know that yet.

I knew the second her eyes met mine for the first time, whatever I was feeling now was going to hurt hard. But her bright smile is what makes me want to fall even harder.

Unrequited love will only cause me pain and I think the only reason I'm not telling Sophia my true feelings is because I am afraid it will ruin our friendship. Which is far worse than her not reciprocating the feelings back.

I am more than happy to stay as her best friend as long as what we have isn't ruined, if there is anything there.

I straighten my black tie and start to head out the house. I grab my phone off the table and head towards my car. I open the door and sit down in the back seat.

"Good evening sir." Albert, my driver says looking through the rear mirror.

"Good evening Albert, how is your wife doing?" I say to him, and then look back at my phone to answer some emails.

"Emily is doing fine, sir." He says looking into the road and then looks back at me again.

"Tell her I said hello for me, I hope she's still looking young as ever." I say jokingly.

Albert chuckles at me and says, "yes sir she is getting even beautiful by the day." He says to me and looks back to the road, thinking about his wife.

I open my mouth to ask something but then I get cut off when my phone rings.

Evaline Calling.

I answer my phone and I meet up with Evaline my assistant's voice. "Sir?"

"Yes." I say curiously when I remember specifically I told her not to call me if it was anything regarding work tonight, wanting a night off after so many months.

"I'm sorry for calling so late in the day, but I had to clarify on the meeting you postponed today, would you like to have the meeting on Sunday morning or tommorrow afternoon? And I also called to ask if I should order Domaine Leroy Richebourg wine with a Italian dessert Tiramisu everyone will fall in love with, for tonight?" Evaline says and I hear paper flipping in the background with some soft music too.

"I'll have the meeting tommorow Evaline, and please do not call again regarding any work unless it is a emergency." I say a little annoyed at the fact she was calling on for something so trivial.

"And Evaline?" I say into the phone.

She stops flipping her pages and gives her undivided attention to me, "yes sir?"

"Put the work down and go get ready for the party, I don't know why you're still doing work." I say a little guilty for giving her all the files I didn't get to finish in the morning.