Chapter 22: Dancing and Twinkling Lights

Chapter 22

(Sophia's pov)

I got out of the car heading towards Claire's house for a New year's party she is hosting.

I lift my hand out to look at my watch 9:57. I hoped Claire wouldn't notice I was a little late as I walked through the front door, a jock holding it for me, i blew hom a wink then stepping into the mansion.

I walk in and see everyone dancing to Hands of Love by Miley Cyrus. I take a look around at the neon lights theme.

'No bad Claire' I think to my self.

"Heyyy" Claire say over the music. She hands the shot in her hand towards me. I look at her weirdly.

"Don't ask" she says knowing what I was going to say about the alchool.

I look back at the shot, remembering the bad memories. "I think I'll lay back on the drinks tonight" I yell at her. She shrugs at me and drank my shot.

"Come on!" I say pulling her onto the dance floor and started dancing to the music.

*******
"Imma go take a break from all this dancing" Claire yelled from the music.

"Okay!"

I start to dance by myself not worrying about all the wandering eyes of the hormonal teen boys in the room. The song Night is still young by Nikki Manaj plays in the dance room of Claire's dad mansion.

I feel this rush of energy pass through me as I move my hips to the music. I feel simeone come behind me and dance along with me. I turn my body to the person.

"Lucas!" I yell over the music. I envelope him into a bear hug, feeling the chuckles from his chest. I let go of him and hold his shoulders.

"I missed you." I say smiling at him.

"I know I would miss me too." He say cockingly. I shove his shoulders and he chuckles at my antics.

"Just kidding i missed you more sugar  "

I nod at him, ignoring his nickname to me and started dancing to the music with him.

********

I step out to take a breather from all the dancing I did the last hour.

"What's a beautiful girl like you doing out alone?"

I roll my eyes at myself, knowing exactly who was behind me.

'Why can't he leave me alone'

"That would be none of your business " I say sternly, glaring at the side of his head.

He doesn't reply but watches the blue water in the pool, leaning on the balcony railing. I stay quiet too, sensing the change of atmosphere between us two.

"Why did you shatter my heart into a million pieces?" I ask still facing the water. I could feel the tears threatening to fall out. I turn my head to him, saw he was watching me intently. I roll my eyes at him.

"I think we should forget about what we had" I say softly. I shift my postion away from Noah. I face the twinkling lights on the dead tree.

"We both know we can never forget about what we had, even in a million years" he says to me with a look in his eyes.

I stare into his eyes trying to figure out what the flash of emotion that passed in his eyes.

"Are you still in love with me?" He says hopefully.

I look back to the twinkling lightson the dead tree. And hate myself for feeling this way towards him even after all he did to me. I turn back to Noah seeing he was much closer than before.

"No" I lie. My eyes telling him a different answer.

********
New Chapter!!!! Sorry I was kinda late. Lucus is back. More of Nophia coming.

Comment and vote.