Chapter 10: Awkward Moments and Favors

This is how I would imagine the fashion show.

******

Chapter 10

(Sophia's pov)

The song that was playing at the fashion show was Good for you by Selena Gomez.

I think the song choice was a great selection because the song allowed women like me to be proud of how I looked and I didn't need any man to prove that to me.

Models got on stage to show off designs. I noticed some of these models from New York in the modeling industry.

Me and Claire started talking about the pieces of work the models were showing off for the next fifteen minutes. Then suddenly I felt a hand on my leg I look up towards Noah right beside me and smacked his hand away. Claire didn't seem to notice as she spoke to a actress beside her.

Then again he landed his hand on my lap, I moved it away and placed it on his lap. I went back to looking at the show, when again a hand landed on my lap.

"Will you quit it already!" I yelled at Noah. Then realized his hand was still on his lap. He seemed surprised when I suddenly snapped at him.

I looked to my left and saw Claire's hand on my leg as support to fix her heels on her feet while bending down.

I insistly felt embarrassed. I felt my cheeks burning up.

'Stupid stupid stupid' I thought to myself.

******

After the show we all headed to the after party. Claire decided to hang with Zach who was her friend. So I basically was stuck with Noah.

"Did you enjoy the show?" Zach asked Claire.

"Yeah I loved the color choice in the line." Claire responded.

They continued talking while I just stood there ackwardly sipping my drink. Noah seemed to busy with some designer.

"I'm going to go powder my nose." I said to Claire. She nodded at me. I walked towards the restroom.

******

After stepping out of the restroom I searched for Claire I didn't find her, so headed towards the bar and sat at the stool.

I sipped my soft drink while talking to the cute guy I met earlier. His name was Alexander but Alex for short.

"I have to say, you look really pretty tonight." He flirted.

"Why thank you" I said as lightly touched his arm.

We talked for the rest of the day when I spotted Noah walking up to us.

"Hey Sophia, could I grab her for a minute?" Noah asked Alex. I gave him a weird look.

"Yeah sure." Alex said as he stood up to leave. I watched Alex go across the room.

"Yes?" I asked Noah.

He didn't say anything just stayed silent. I scoffed and started to walk away. Then I felt someone grab my wrist, I felt electricity and pulled my hand away.

"Wait, can I ask you something?" Noah said.

"What is it?"

"Iwaswonderingifyoucangivemearidehome?"

"What!?" I yelled.

" I said if you can give me a ride home because Zach has my car keys but I can't find him anywhere, and I guess he went home with them." He explained. I thought for a moment.

Silence.

"Fine let's go" I said. I started walking out the door not waiting for Noah to catch up to me. But he did after a few seconds.

I opened my car door, then suddenly noticed my mom's friend from high school. She recognized me and waved.

"Hey how are you doing" I said as I hugged her.

"I'm good, how's everyone at home?" She said. I froze for a second and replied.

"They're all fine."

"Good, who's this a friend?" She said as she gestured to Noah who was standing beside me.

"Oh no we aren't friends we are more like.... acquaintances?"

She looked at me for a second and quickly nodded.

"Alright gotta go. Come over some time." She said as she started walking backwards into her car.

"Sure I will, you too." I said.

I looked at her car as she drove away. I then turned around and walked back into my car.

*******

Comment and Vote away.