The Underworld

When Sonic roamed around the underworld. He began to look for some of his demonic brethren. The only thing he found, was a fallen angel. The fallen angel seemed to have been waiting for him.

       "I've been waiting for you Sonic. My name is the flare, the fallen angel of fire." Flare said with a smirk. Flare held out his hand with a smirk on his face, only his wings were on fire.

       "So you are the one who they made just to copy me," Sonic said. Flare tilted his head with a psychotic smile on his face. That was when flare disappeared, then appeared again in Sonic's face, punching him sending him flying. Sonic rubbed his face after immediately catching himself.

        "There is one thing you should know Sonic," Flare said softly. He was now behind Sonic in his ear. Sonic seemed to have frozen after actually smelling him, a familiar sent that Flare had.

          "I am better than you, brother," Flare whispered. Then kicked Sonic into the ground, creating a crater where Sonic flew up from. Flare held his hand out as a ball of fire formed then he threw the fire ball toward Sonic. He caught it barely able to hold it.

         "I have no brother," Sonic said. Sonic then caught the ball of fire, holding it to where it did not pass him. "Volcanic... EXPLOSION!" Sonic exclaimed as an explosion came sending the fireball back at Flare. Flare withstood it without a scratch.

      "Looks as if this will be hand to hand combat brother," Flare said. His hands were on fire. Sonic's hands did the same while they were hovering a few feet from each other. One had 10 black angel wings while the other had one pair of demonic wings. It was a fight to go down in the books of the demonic history. This fight depended on whether the demon race lived, or whether it became extinct.

      Blow after blow, punch after punch, spark after spark, Sonic and Flare traded punches, they traded kicks, their fight shook the underworld as the demons watched the 2 of them fight.

      "Jake is the ruler of all, the new god to all species, he will bring peace to the different realms," Flare said while he punched Sonic in his stomach, Sonic leaned and let out a cough after drop licking Flare.

       "No, the world will go back to the way it was. Before your failed experiment you call a race came around." Sonic grunted as Flare punched him to the ground again. He was becoming madder and madder the more Flare punched him.

     The determination of the 2 of them wanting to be better than the other made the underworld shake in fear.  Flare then grabbed Sonic by his neck and held him up by it squeezing it.

        "There is one thing you should know brother." He said. He then leaned into Sonic's face with a smirk, a devilish smirk on his face as the entire place went silent.

        "I loved the way she screamed for me, The way she was slaughtered by me, I made people think dad did it, but it was me. The way she yelled for her son to stop. The way she prayed for me. You knew deep down your dad wouldn't do it. It was all me." Flare said smoothly and devilishly. Sonic then had a slight flashback.

      "I hate you, mom. I wish you were dead." Flare said, storming out the night before his parents' death. Then that next day Sonic came home from school and heard the screams through the door when he walked in. He thought it was his father that shot him, no it wasn't it was his brother, the spitting image of his father. His father didn't kill himself his brother killed him and covered it up.

      Sonic was now in a state of anger while his brother attempted to kill him once again. A burst of fire into his neck, Sonic's body flew back lifelessly floating to the ground. A tear, no a river of tears came from Sonic's eyes. He then began to heal all of a sudden.

     'You know who you are. You know where you came from, you know why you're here. Sonic, kill him.' A voice said as it was the demon from the other dimension, he recognized it now. It was his own father's voice.

     Sonic then woke up, his body was covered in black fire. Sonic's wings were black while a dark aura came around him rising him up to his brother, the black fire raged.

      The power was felt in the earth realm, that was when Jake stood from his throne. Jake sensed it, he felt it, he knew that the war was climaxing. His prodigy, Flare, was about to be beaten. He then knew it was almost time to release Garvo. The fallen angel of gravity.

     Leo felt it as well while he sat in the cave looking upward. Leo knew what was happening.

     "Sonic...." Leo said. That was when Michael returned, but the other angels did not. Michael was badly hurt as Leo immediately started to heal him.

     "The other angels did not make it. We are. We are the only 2 left. But the earth angel is dead." Michael said as he smiled and went unconscious. Fire, Ice, earth, water, wind, and nature were defeated. However Sonic might once again become an enemy.

       Leo then stood. he let Michael rest. He then looked out into the sky. "There is one fallen angel who seemed like he doesn't want to be apart of it. Where is Neon?" Leo said to himself as it was a mystery. Neon did not consider herself a fighter, she was a little girl about the age of 8 maybe 9 years old. Her power was on a whole other level. She was the newest class of fallen angels. Abandoned on an island where Sinera kept her hidden from Jake so she wouldn't get hurt. Sinera being seen as a mother in her eyes.

       "Wh-what is this. Black fire. It is impossible to merge dark magic and fire magic. This isn't happening." Flare exclaimed. Sonic had darkness in his eyes rising, he became transparent and began to choke Flare.

      "This is for my family that you have taken away. You are not my brother." Sonic said with a dark voice as he threw a flare to the ground disappearing and kicking him into the sky punching him many times as a chain.  Flare flew back into the air with his mouth open, dazed slightly because of Sonic's wrath.

      "B-brother," Flare said barely able to speak, reaching his hand out to Sonic. That was when dark fire appeared in Sonic's hand. Sonic got into a stance while the fire built up in his hands. It was obvious how Sonic was enraged.

       "Die bitch." Sonic said. A black fire raged toward Flare. Flare's eyes widened, he couldn't withstand the darkness of his brother's fire. Flare's body burned along with his soul, his ash turning into gold. He fell, weaker than his brother, dying knowing that he lost to his little brother. 

     The demons rushed out, many bowed to Sonic, he was now their new king. Sonic had one person on his mind and only one person. That one person was Jake. Leo however had the same thing on his mind. Leo stood in front of the cave where Michael was resting.

     "Jake, I will find you, and I will destroy you." Leo and Sonic both said as Sonic raised his hand the army of demons cheered. Michael then walked behind Leo putting his hand on his shoulder as if for inspiration.

     "Leo, When I take god's place and build the army of angels back again. I would like for you to lead them, But first, we have to take care of him." Michael said as he looked down. He hugged Leo as Leo hugged him back.

     "Be careful of your friend. Sometimes your friends can just as well become your enemy." Michael stated as Leo nodded to him.

     "Oh, you think you've won, Sonic. I will let you taste what fear really is, my real playing card. Rise fallen element of gravity." Jake said. A huge monster like a fallen angel emerged from the sky. He crashed into the ground making a crater as Sinera stood afraid of him.

     "Go get them," Jake commanded. The fallen angel flew off into the distance, hunting for the enemies that Jake described to him.