The Angel's Council

"We are gathered here today, to discuss a demon who has destroyed a city and dropped a  female that went by the name of Sinera into a volcano," Michael said as he stood before angels inside of the meeting hall. Leo was there when he heard the name, he stood up quickly with a devastated look on his face. Knowing that was his great-granddaughter.

     "T-That is my granddaughter. Who would do such a thing? I will make them pay for deceiving the Christian way." Leo said.  he could not believe his ears. Michael saw Leo's emotions were getting the best of him so he signaled Leo to sit down. Leo did as he was told, Michael continued.

     "This demon is not like any other. He was once a human that went by the name of Sonic. That was 100 years ago." Michael said as Leo's eyes widen hearing his best friend's name as he looked down. He never knew Sonic would become a demon, however, he suspected it. If there was one demon on earth then there had to be more. Leo was in deep thought as he decided, he wanted to see for himself whether this was his best friend.

     "Something wrong Leo?" Michael said as he was puzzled by Leo's saddened reaction, but yet he was not surprised. Michael knew of the history between Sonic and Leo, Michael knew that if anyone was going to go after him, it had to be Leo himself, to patch together their memories once again.

     Leo shook his head, Michael nodded back to him. It was a signal that they would talk after the meeting. "Sonic is a very powerful demon, near on the level of Lucifer the god of the underworld himself. Lucifer was killed by this demon so I will send two angels to speak with him." Michael said as Leo stood up. Tension rising in the room. Michael was serious as he scanned the room wondering which two he should send.

     "I ask that you do not result in violence no matter what happens. We are not trying to start a war with the demons, so speak to him, do not fight him unless you deem it necessary. With that being said, Are there any volunteers?" Michael said. The other angels looked at each other, they nodded and debated on which two of them would go. Leo was in deep thought as he wanted to go badly to see his best friend one more time.

     "I volunteer, I want to go settle things with my friend. Hopefully, bring him back with me, so he can ask for God's forgiveness, and make him one of us." Leo said as Jake stood as well bowing to Michael as he was also one of the newer angels. Jake seemed suspicious like he had a dark side to him. Leo ignored it as Michael did the same.

     "I shall go too," Jake said as Michael nodded raising both of his hands. They all began to pray to God. This was the closure of their meeting. All of their beautiful white wings spread as they all flew out, all except Leo and Jake.

   Leo and Jake as stood before Michael awaiting his order, both knowing that this was going to be a dangerous task. Leo thought it may be difficult, knowing how stubborn his best friend could be.

     "Allow me to give you some background on this demon. He was your best friend I take it Leo, but there is more that you must know about him." Michael said to Leo as Leo nodded. He listened for every detail he could saver into his mind.

     "Sonic was living with his mother and stepfather when he was killed. He had no religious beliefs so be careful when approaching him he will kill you in a heartbeat." Michael said as Leo looked surprised to hear that. Leo did not see Sonic as the type of guy to kill for fun. There had to be a reason.

     "I thought that was his real father. Wait who was his real father if that was his step-father. He never told me this." Leo said as his mind was then puzzled the information he knew was not the truth.

     "Sonic's real father goes by the name of Lennard. He was a scientist studying interdimensional travel. He left Sonic's mother not knowing that the two of them had a child. That child was named Sonic as it was a name that fit him. His father later learned that he had a son, so he came to visit him. That was his fatal day." Michael said as Leo sat down in a chair, his wings guiding over it as he put his hand on his head, thinking about what happened.

     "His father was framed for the murder, however his father did not kill himself, not did he kill the entire family. It was his brother, a male that was a spitting image of his father, they named him Flare." Michael paused as he looked down.

     "Then where is Flare," Leo asked as he was puzzled. He wanted to know where Sonic's brother was, however, Michael did not know. Nobody knew where his brother was. Not even Sonic himself.

      "We do not know where Flare is. We have been tracking him, but he has been deemed a dangerous demon inside of the human realm. He takes over the human's minds making them do things that they shouldn't do." Michael said as he put his hands behind his back and looked outside.

      "Lucifer had different plans for both of them. He took Sonic down with him and turned him into a demon. That is all the information that we have regarding the matter." Michael said as he finished concluding what he had to say. Leo and Jake were both shocked and worried about the mission they were going to take.

     "Now you both must find him at all cost. Do whatever you have to do to stop his rage. He only wants revenge so be careful. He is very powerful, I cannot stress that enough." Michael said as Jake nodded looking to Leo as Leo looked back nodding as well.

     "We will come back with battle reports as soon as we can Michael sir." They both said as their wings spread. They started flying toward the volcano which they knew the demon lived. Leo and Jake were considered friends for the mission, but they both did not know each other well enough to actually call one another friends. Jake still had a darkish sense in his aura, Leo was just now starting to pick it up.

     A day has passed as they finally arrived floating above the demon's volcano. "Come on out demon, we know you're in there no use hiding!" Jake said as he looked down at the demon's volcano. Leo looked at Jake wondering if Jake was trying to start a fight.

     Sonic then emerged from the volcano. His beautiful black wings were a bit shiny while the sun gleamed over them. He looked at the angels closely with a smirk on his face. "Well, Well, Well if it isn't Leo the one who betrayed me. Who is your friend?" Sonic said. He crossed his arms and looked at both of them, examining them, wanting to fight them.

     Jake charged at Sonic. That was when Sonic quickly stabbed him with his sword of fire,  burning the angel from the inside killing him. Jake opened his mouth, fire shooting out as he yelled his body turning into ash as he fell into the volcano, the only thing that was left were a few feathers of his wings guiding and floating away.

     "NO!" Leo said as Leo pointed at Sonic drawing his sword ready to fight. "What happened to you? I thought you were my friend." Leo said as tears filled his eyes. Leo never thought he would have to fight his best friend. 

     "That changed when you abandoned me and betrayed me," Sonic replied. as Leo's eyes widened at the sight of his best friend, willing to kill him.