Chapter 2

The cab pulled up to a hotel and I looked around, confused. The driver must have the wrong address. "Uh, sir?" I asked and the guy looked back at me as I took my earbuds out. "I think you have the wrong address.. this is a hotel." I stated and he looked at his gps. "No ma'am this is the right place." He said and I furrowed my eyebrows. There is no way my dad lives in a hotel. This is pathetic, even if it is a nice one. This has to be a joke.

I got out of the car and so did the driver. I turned off my music and put my iPod in my pocket as he got my suitcases out of the trunk and set them on the cart a guy brought over. I stared up at the hotel with a scrunched up face. I don't even know my dad's name or what he looks like. How the hell am I supposed to find him? I looked over at the driver as he set my last suitcase on the cart and turned to me. "Thanks.." I said and he nodded before he got in the car and pulled away. I glanced at the guy with the cart then the hotel before I walked inside, him following me. I went up to the counter, unsure of what to do.

"Uh, hi. I'm supposed to be meeting my dad." I said softly, my voice shaking from my nerves. The woman looked up at me and rolled her eyes. "Name." She said and I furrowed my eyebrows. "What?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. "Your father's name so I can give his room a call." She said in a snippy tone and I clenched my jaw at her attitude. "I don't know his name. Can't you just see who is expecting someone?" I asked and she rolled her eyes. "No, I can't. Judging by your outfit, you're just a little hood rat trying to fake it for a place to stay. I can't let you into anybody's room unless you actually know someone staying here and they confirm they are expecting you." She snapped and I clenched my jaw in frustration, again, before walking away and sitting in a chair to the side of the lobby. The guy left the cart with my luggage on it next to me before he went back to his job.

I sighed in frustration and boredom. I had been sitting in this chair for almost 4 hours, the receptionist glaring at me the entire time. I had been on my iPod listening to music but it died about an hour ago so I have just been playing with some of the strings from the rips in my jeans. I was really tired from the flight resulting in me resting my arms on my knees and resting my head on them. I was so frustrated with this whole situation. The woman wouldn't even see if anyone was expecting a teenaged girl. I've had people be rude towards me before but this was a whole new thing. She is just going to let a teenaged girl go without a place to stay even though my dad is supposed to be here.

I heard the elevator ding for the millionth time tonight and groaned to myself. I didn't even bother looking up. "Um, hey. I'm up in the Penthouse Suite and I told the guy this morning I was expecting my daughter sometime today. Has anyone seen this girl come through here?" I heard a guy's gentle but strong voice say and I froze. Is that my dad? I thought and my head snapped up in the direction of the receptionist desk.  I could see a guy in black combat booths, black skinny jeans, a black leather jacket, and a black beanie at the desk talking to the bitch that got snippy with me. I stood up and froze completely, tuning out what else was said from either. The woman glanced up at me then at the screen of the phone the guy was holding out to her. She visibly gulped and looked back at him. I could see her mouth moving quickly but I couldn't hear her. The guy turned around a few moments later and my heart stopped. This must be a dream.

Standing about 20 feet from me was none other than the Devin Sola, aka Ghost. Bassist of my favorite band, Motionless In White. I felt tears fall down my cheeks as my vision blurred. His eyes were tear filled as he grinned at me. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him tightly as I let my tears fall. His arms wrapped around my back as he hugged me back tighter. I could feel his tears drop onto my hair but I didn't care. I looked up finally, most likely looking like a raccoon from the crying. Devin smiled down at me as he wiped his eyes with his hands, holding back fresh tears. "You have no idea how bad I wanted to tell you before." He said and I looked at him confused. He had a look in his eyes and I quickly figured out he was referring to the concert I went to and met him and the rest of his band.

"You knew about me.." I said, trailing off and he gave a small nod. "So you knew who I was when I met you?" I asked and he scratched the back of his neck with a sheepish smile and a nod. "Why didn't you s-." I was cut off by him laughing at my many questions. "Lets just get your things up to the room and I can explain myself." He said and I nodded a little, curious as to why he was never around if he knew about me. I wasn't mad but I was a little hurt. I had so many questions for him and I hoped he would answer them all. I looked over at the cart with all of my suitcases on it and he smiled down at me before he pulled it from the wall and pushed it into one of the elevators, pressing the button for the Penthouse Suite. When we got back out of the elevator, we walked across the hall from us and he pulled a keycard from his back pocket, unlocking the door.

Devin opened the door and let me walk in before he pulled the cart inside and closed the door back. I looked around the beautifully decorated living room area and the connecting kitchen that held a counter, coffee maker, microwave, and a fair sized fridge. I saw a set of glass doors and walked over, pulling the curtains out the way and opening them up. The night air hit me and I smiled, taking in the fresh air and darkness that contrasted with the bright lights of the city.