2

{Los Angeles 3:45 am}

My eyes flutter open to see the beautiful morning sky of the city. The small lights on the plane begin to turn on as the intercom comes on once more.

"I hope everyone enjoyed their flight, again thank you for choosing Delta Airlines. Welcome to Los Angeles!" The pilot states. I unbuckle the seatbelt an stand up.I grab my backpack and walk off the plane into the busy airport. I decide I would grab get something to eat here since it was 3 am and nothing would be open.

I walk around to find the bag collect. I soon find it as everyone was getting their bag. I spot a familiar black suitcase. I walk up and grab it, i roll the bag around till i soon find a small coffee shop. I order a stack of pancakes and a cup of coffee.

{Leaving the airport 5:09 am} I KNOW IM TRASH IM SORRY

I call an uber to the hotel I was staying at. After a couple of minutes a car pulls up. I check my phone to make sure this was my uber, knowing what had happened to Emma in the past.

*flashback*

i was enjoying a meal with my family when I get a call from Emma. I shut my phone off knowing the call could wait but it goes off again. I look up at my mom, she gives me a nod and I walk out of the room.

"Hey Em! What do you need?"

"Melissa! I called an uber from the cafe and um, it's not my uber! I asked the man to stop but he keeps on ignoring me! I can't unlock the doors!" She whispers very softly so only I could here.

"Hey! Who are you talking to! Give me that!" I hear a manly voice, the phone call ends and I am left in shock. I open find friends and see that they had stopped driving. I know Emma would never want me to call the cops but I had no choice.

I open my phone and type '911'

*end of flashback*

"Where to?" The driver asked.

"Sheraton Gateway hotel."

"You've got it!" She starts to drive off. I was surprised that Uber's where out this early in the morning. The city looks beautiful even when low on the ground. I take out my camera and snap a couple more pictures.

"Are you into photography?"

"Yeah, k-kinda. I'm not r-really good." I stutter, I'm not the best at small talk.

"You can do anything you put your mind to! How long have you been a photographer?"

"I really would consider myself a photographer, but about 3-4 years."

"Oh, you really have a passion don't you?"

"I guess so." I nod. We pull up to the hotel, I thank and pay the girl. i get my bags and walk through the large doors, i slowly walk to the front desk.

"how may i help you?" the older lady asks.

"um yes, I'm checking in, my name is Melissa kennedy."

"Oh, um room 304, here is your room key." she smiles sweetly. i match her face as i walk toward the elevator. the doors open slowly to revel and empty space. i sigh of relief as i press the button for floor 3. the doors open and i walk down the long hallway, i look on each side of the hall as i walk till i finally come across room 304. i swipe the key card and the door swings open, i rush in and drop my bags. i flop down on the neatly made bed, i stare up at the ceiling for a couple of minutes. i soon decide to unpack all of my stuff.

{unpacking 6:30 am}

I put all of my clothes in the drawers, i put all of my make up and toiletries in the huge bathroom, and i set up my office stuff like my laptop and other work stuff. I finally finish unpacking and remember i promise my mom I would call her when I landed. I quickly pull out my phone from my pocket and call her.

"Melissa?!"

"Hi mom! I made it!"

"I'm so excited for you! What time is it there?"

"It's is 6:45 right now"

"Oh! Honey get to bed! No buts!" I chuckle a bit at her comment.

"Ok mom! Bye I love you."

"Love you to sweetie." The call ends. I shut my phone off and look out the window, as the sun begins to rise and the streets filled with traffic. I quickly grab my camera and capture a couple of photos. I set it down on my desk and decide to change into something more comfortable. i reach towards my drawers and grab a pair of nike sweatpants and black tank top.

I flop down onto the large bed and slip under the fluffy white comforter. I scroll through my phone before soon falling asleep.

{Later 11:30 am}

I wake up to a faint knock on my door, I make my way over a turn the door knob to reveal a small woman.

"Room service?"

"I didn't order room service, you must have the wrong room."

"Oh, sorry m'lady." She nods and begin to walk off as I shut the door. I look at the small clock on the wall. 11:34. I groan and walk to the bathroom. I look at my reflection in the mirror, I look a mess. Nothing has changed. I turn on the water and undress. I get into the large shower, the hot water hits my bare back and I become relaxed.

{28 minutes later}

I turn the small knobs and the water stops. I grab a white towel from the shelf and wrap it around my figure, i tuck one side so it stays ups. I grab a smaller towel and wrap up my wet hair.
I walk out to find an outfit, I end up choosing a pair of high-waisted white jeans and a black bodysuit with a laced up front, similar to shoes. I slip on the bodysuit and the jeans. I continue on my makeup, I do a sharp eyeliner and a smokey eye and a light colored lipstick, similar to my natural lip color. I dry my hair a straighten out my waves. I finish off everything with a pair of black combat boots and a small black choker.

MELISSA'S OUTFIT (btw this is Rena Lovelis, the lead singer of hey violet)

I decide to look around the city a little a get used to my new home. I grab my room key, phone and wallet before walking out.

THIS IS SO BAD OML
Guys I'm sorry this story sucks but I promise it will get better (i hope) she is gonna run into the boys soon so ;)) I love you guys and don't forget to comment vote (if you liked it) and to share. Also the A/N will from now on be at the end!
-Haley 🖤