1

Hello everyone! I'm Haley and i really hope you enjoy this story! sorry this part is the start and really short, its kinda a filler and its really bad because I'm such a shit writer! um i don't know what else to say so, bye! <3

I rush down the stairs, grabbing my black vans on the way. i run out to the living room to see my mom crying, my dad comforting her.

"mom! don't be sad!"

"its just that, watching you become the beautiful, intelligent, and independent woman you are is an honor, and you're leaving!" more tears rolling down her pale cheeks. i walk towards her and hug her, holding her tight. we stay like this before my dad interrupts the moment. 

"Melissa, as much as i would love for you to stay with us, your flight leaves in an hour and your uber is here" as soon as he finishes talking my 7 year old sister comes running down the stairs. she runs up and hugs me, i hear soft whimpers coming from her lips. 

"i will miss you Kayla."

"i will miss you to big sissy!" she says softly before letting go.

" well um, i love you guys. i will call you as soon i land!" I hug my parents quickly before grabbing my suitcase and small carry on backpack. i walk to the door out to the black car, i put my suitcase into the back and get into the back seat of the small car.

"where to ma'm?" the man looks back at me.

"Kansas City international airport" I smile widely. He nods, typing in the address into the GPS. "aux cord?" he questions as we start to drive.

"Uh, Sure." he hands me the long white cord. i plug it into my phone as i begin to play some panic! at the disco.

Toady was the day, the day i would leave my home town, Leawood, Kansas, and fly to Los Angeles. This has been my dream since i was 11 years old, and now i am fulfilling that dream 8 years later. I am flying by myself, which is kinda of a bad idea since i have no where to stay but I'm gonna stay in a hotel till i find out my living arrangements .

{Arrival at airport (5:45 am}

I pay the uber and get out, the man helps me get my bag out of the trunk.

"have a good trip, little lady!" He states before getting back into the car. i I roll my suitcase up to check in. The line was thankfully short, my flight leaves in 15 minutes. which means i have 15 minutes to check-in, go through security, and get to the gate. i walk up to the lady at the desk.

"Name and email please."

"Melissa Kennedy. MelKennedy97@gmail.com"

"One ticket for Melissa to Los Angeles?"

"correct."

"Okay, $250," i hand the blonde my credit card, she scans in and hand it back, along with my ticket and receipt. "Um, now i need to weigh your bag." i nod and place the black suitcase on the large metal scale, 45 pounds. i am surprised for how much i was bringing, considering I'm moving.

"Gate, 32. the flight leaves in 10 minutes. have a nice trip!" she smiles, i match her expression before walking off towards security. I jog a bit so i don't miss departure. I get into line as i take off my shoes and place my bag onto the X-ray, along with my phone, keys, wallet, and necklace in a small bowl. i walk through the X-ray and hand the man my ID. He looks at it before hand it back to me. i get my stuff and walk to a nearby chair, to put my shoes back on and I walk to the gate, mentally thanking it is near security, as soon as i walk up they call for us to start loading the plane. i was in the 1st group, so was first to get on after first class and families. I walk to the back to sorta the back of the plane, sit in a window seat.

Everyone loads the plane, since there was not a lot of us no one sits next to me. i place my bag into the floor and put on my seat belt.

"hello everyone my name is Jack Hayden and i will be your pilot today! The weather is clear so we are in for a smooth ride! Sit back and relax for the next 4 hours! We are a wifi aircraft so turn your devices on airplane mode but savor the free wifi! Enjoy the fight and thanks for flying with Delta Airlines!" The intercom shuts off as 3 flight attendants start to explain the safety features. I start to tune out as the plane begins to move and we get into a line for the run way. i stare out the window and decide to get out my camera. I brought a small canon camera to get some cool shots, because I'm a wanna-be photographer, people say I'm good but I'm think I'm pretty average.

We start to take off and the sky is absolutely stunning, i snap a couple of pictures before a get a small tap on my shoulder, i turn my head to over-smily attendant.

"would your like anything to drink ma'm?"

"Uh, water is fine thanks" she hands me a small bottle of water. I take out my phone, turning it to airplane mode and connect it to the wifi. I snapchat the sky and post it. I grab my head phones and put them, i begin to listen to green day as i get some more pictures.

{Plane 8:34 am}

the past hour and a half has conducted of texting my best friend, Emma, taking pictures and  listening to music. I feel my eyes grow heavy. i take out my headphones and slip them into my bag along with my my phone and camera. i rest my head on the wall beside the window and i stare at the sky, until i soon let sleep take over me.