Chapter 15

Nathaniel's POV:

"Alright everyone gather around! This is week 5 of training. Now, you all are quite used to how we work by now. Split into your groups and start warming up. You have ten minutes!" I inform the training wolves. It has been five weeks since the Silver Linings Pack arrived. Their pack house is mostly finished but they still need to work on the family homes for those who don't live in the pack house.

The two packs have luckily had no issues. At the beginning, getting everyone to act as one was a bit difficult, I must admit. Each side stayed with their pack and rarely mingled. Now, it's kind of difficult getting them all to separate if I'm going to be completely honest. Mother went and spoke to the council. They have taken matters into their own hands and have been on the lookout for any place where the rouges may meet. So far they have found two hideouts but they suspect there to be one nearby. We have had a few attacks on the border but nothing too serious and nobody has gotten hurt yet. The Werewolf King and the Lycan King came together and they are plotting out a plan in which would be carried out in case we are wrong and the attack comes sooner rather than later. For now, all we can do is wait until we hear news from them on the rouges' third hideout location.
We haven't had many rouge spotting recently but in the past two days there have been around three of them spotted. They never enter the territory fully and cover their scent well. Of course, we have tried capturing them but our warriors don't always get too close.
Mother has been catching up with some of her old friends from high school. She's been busy helping them train privately. I don't understand why but i don't question it. When I do rotations during training I usually just do two groups and then I leave to go and train Lucinda, Melissa, and Summer personally. They train with the packs but they are more ahead of their groups and so i teach them a few extra things every day that the other wolves won't get to learn for a while.

All of a sudden, without warning, shouting and growling erupts from outside of my bedroom window. Alarmed, I look out to try and see what is going on. We were under attack. The group was moderately sized and our warriors quickly began to get into action. As I prepare myself to jump out the window to help, out of the corner of my eyes I see Lucinda trying to loose a wolf that's chasing her. Not wasting any more time I jump from the 5th floor of the pack house landing gracefully on the floor. Lucinda quickly sees me and starts running towards me as I had motioned for her to do so. She sprints past me and I run towards the wolf chasing her. It's attention quickly shifts from Lucinda to me. He quickly charges at me but I easily dodge its attack. Not having expected that, the rouge once again tries to charge at me. This time, instead of dodging it, I grab it by its throat with my claws extended and pin it down to the floor. Behind me I hear a loud familiar scream. I quickly finish off the rouge and turn in the direction of the scream quickly trying to find the source of it. Once I spot her I run as fast as my legs can take me. As i reach her, I snap the rouge off of her and rip his head off. As soon as I do, a howl resonates and all the wolves began to retreat. I look over my little sister's body and examine her injuries. They all look severe. I quickly mindlink the pack doctor to prepare a room as I grab Lucinda in my arms and begin to run to the hospital. When I reach it doctors quickly get to work on her. As the hook her up to the machines they rush me out of the room. I cant stay still so I pace the hall until Melissa, Summer, Lucian, and Rosalind show up.

Summer quickly tries to get to calming me down in the same way as my father tries to reassure mother. Melissa sits off to the side silently awaiting news. I can hear the faint sound of her heartbeat but as it slows down I begin to panic. Everyone notices and soon even Melissa's numb expression bursts. I hear the doctors rushing as more enter the room. There is no longer a heartbeat.

Everyone stills. None of us knowing exactly what to do. Suddenly, the faint thudding comes back. Its soft but its there and soon the beating becomes stronger. The doctors exit her room and one comes towards us. I quickly stand and everyone follows.