Chapter 11

Here's a new one! Happy Holidays! I hope you all enjoyed your new year! Anyways, as promised here you go! On this chapter you guys get to meet a little more about Lucinda! Enjoy! Don't forget to let me know if you guys want more chapters on her point of view at the end! Don't forget to vote, comment, and to most importantly enjoy this story!

Lucinda's POV:

I like my dad. That's a fact. But, there's something off about him. He seems too stiff and can't seem to relax around anyone, not even Mom. He tries his hardest but if you look close enough and pay attention to detail then it is something that can be easily identified. I'm really not sure if it's just me. I mean it might be... I've never met the guy! But from all of the stories Mom and Nathaniel have told me about him... Well I don't know. It's just to me... I don't feel like he's the type to always be stiff and on guard. I notice when people can't seem to relax. Usually I just brush it off, but ever since my dad came along it's been something that has been ongoing. Hopefully i'm just being paranoid. I mean I usually am. But don't get me wrong... i'm young not stupid.

The first few days everything was fine. My dad was happy and so was Nat having found his mate Summer. I spent a lot of time with his best friend Melissa. She and I have become close and I feel like I can look up to her as an older sibling. I think she sees me as her little sister too. She treats me as if I were anyways so i don't know maybe she does.

Anyways, as I was saying. I pay attention to detail. Everyone knows that about me. Nothing goes unnoticed by me. I'm like this because it was the very first thing Mom and Nathy taught me. They always said, 'Wherever you are pay attention to your surroundings. Make sure you know every exit in the area and that you spot all the cameras around. Remember, every detail is important. It doesn't matter if it's a small scratch on a purse or a bloody knife on a table. Remember that sometimes no detail at all can be a detail in itself. This is how you survive.' They basically drilled those words in my brain. Over time though, it became like second nature to me. The moment I walked into a room I would take at the most, 15 seconds to spot everything and anything that I could. I always felt the need to be informed and prepared in case of any sudden danger. I know every exit in an area the moment I walk in.

Thanks to my ability to see the tiniest of details I was able to see my father's way of carrying himself. Every time he is out in public his eyes hold a certain depth that try to hide away some type of fear. Of what? I'm not sure. The only time I truly see him relaxed is when he is inside and even then sometimes he is a little stiff. I highly doubt Nathaniel has noticed this. I should probably tell him. If I don't and something happens then i'm going to regret keeping all of this information all to myself. But what if I am honestly being paranoid? What if this is all just a figment of my 12 year old imagination? But then again... I have never been wrong when it comes to this sort of stuff. I think i'm going to tell Nat and maybe aunt Scout too. I think they would be the only ones who would take my words into consideration. I would tell my mom but I feel like she would be the one to brush it off as he is, in fact, her soulmate.

Getting up from the couch I was previously laying on, I make my way over to my room and grab my black bomber jacket and put it on over my white crop top which is paired with my favorite dark wash jeans. Walking out of my room I run out of the house and job over to the pack house where either Scout or Nathaniel will be. If Nathy isn't there then he's without a doubt somewhere off with Summer. Honestly I don't like her much... if he weren't with her all the time then he would be with me and Melissa. Honestly I hope I don't find my mate. It makes me feel as if I were giving up my freedom. I would always be tied down to that one person. That one person would have the power to brake my heart over and over again and I would just have to deal with it. Honestly, I'm glad I don't have to worry about that for a little over three years. I would be so stressed if I had to worry about that now. All i'm focused on is finally getting to meet my wolf when I turn 13 next month. But anyways, that's none of my business at the moment. I know Nathy still has a special place for Melissa and I in his heart.