Chapter 9

Lucian's POV:

I can't believe it. After so long, i'm finally going to see my mate again but she is ill. I don't know what's happening and I hate not being near her in order to help her. Luckily, these men were foolish enough to believe we were going to France rather than North America. I honestly don't understand how it is that they have been able to survive this long with such bad security. I can't believe I never made it out sooner with how foolish these men are.

I honestly could no longer care less about what they are anymore. The only thoughts in mind are my Rosalind, and the fact that I have a daughter named Lucinda. I can't believe I missed my children grow up. Though Nathaniel is not my blood son, he may as well be. I took him in and it was the best thing I had ever done. He was my son, and I was his father. We had a special bond and then it was all just ripped apart. But now, as I look at him, I see that my love did a great job raising him all by herself. I'm proud of her because of everything that she has managed to go through. I don't think I would have been able to do it if roles were reversed. She is truly extraordinary.

Lucinda, the person I am looking forward to meeting the most. When Nathaniel first spoke of her I couldn't believe it. As I heard her soft voice though the phone, tears swelled my eyes and I could no longer contain myself. She was my daughter, and I missed out on her. I missed having been there when she was born, I missed staying awake alongside Rosalind in order to take care of her, I missed her first steps, her first words, I missed it all. Were almost there, and I don't know what I'm going to do the moment I see her and Rosalind. I love them. I love my family. I never thought that I would love anyone this much. If you would have told me when I was seventeen that I would fall in love in the blink of an eye and have children, I would probably have busted out laughing and walked out the second you said it. I remember how ignorant of what I had in front of me I was. I can't believe that I, once upon a time, rejected the love of my life. I used to beat myself over it every single day. I can't believe how quickly she accepted me even after all of the pain that I had put her through, but I am glad she did. She is the love of my life, the mother of my children, and I could not have wished to ever end up with anyone as amazing as her. I just hope that she knows that I never stopped loving her and that I never will.

"Hey Dad, were here." I look at Nathaniel, suddenly being removed from my thoughts.

"Welcome home." He says.

I look at the pack house and notice not much has changed. The only difference is that it is bigger and looks to have been well taken care of. Suddenly, the front door busts open and a little girl runs out towards Nathaniel. She has tears in her eyes and her body shakes and she cries on his shoulders. He holds her tight and whispers things to calm her down. When she stops crying and pulls away she notices the rest of us here.

"Nat, who are they?" She asks, hiding behind him. He grabs a hold of her and put her n front of him, putting her hand on her shoulders as she looks at us. She looks at Melissa, her eyes shine as she recognizes the familiar face and she giggles. Next she looks at Summer and becomes quiet as she inspects her. After a moment she gives her a smile which Summer returns. After, she looks at Jordan. He gives her a small smile which makes her smile and finally she looks at me. As she looks at me, I can't help but notice the similarities between her and Rosalind. She has her eyes, her hair, her nose, and she's a little short, just like her. Lucinda. As realization hit me, tears begin to pool my eyes and I try to hold them back, hoping nobody notices.

"Birdy, remember when I told you I would bring dad back home soon?" Nathaniel replies.

"Yup. But you're taking too long and I don't see him. Also, mommy woke up a few minutes ago and she's mad at you. You're in trouble kitty." She turns to face him.