Chapter 13

Nathaniel's Point of View:

"We need to talk."

His body immediately stiffens, his whole demeanor guarded.

"Talk? What about?" He asks calmly.

"Why were you out in the field with Summer and Jordan speaking with a rouge?"

"What are you talking about?" He tries to remain calm but i've gotten good at reading people over the years. It's pretty easy to read the fear being held inside of his eyes.

"You know what i'm talking about. Drop the act." I sternly speak.

"Listen, I am your alpha and you will speak to me with respect. Do you understand?" He becomes infuriated.

"Respect is earned. Not given." Lucy shrugs.

"I will not allow this! Who-"

"Stop trying to stray away from the subject. You and I both know what it is that you are trying to hide. It's either you come out clean, or I take it out of you. I suggest you come out clean. I'm not looking forward to getting my hands dirty with you." I cut him off.

"Now tell us, who was that rouge that you were talking to in the field?"

"I wasn't in any field! Don't you get it! It's not me! I don't know what you saw but it wasn't me! Do you not understand that?!" He shouts.

"The scent was yours. Summer's scent was herss. Jordan's scent was his. Stop denying the facts. We were there. This isn't a game." Speaks Melissa.

"Are you planning to take down the pack?" Asks aunt Scout. He looks at her puzzled.

"Tell me who in their goddamn mind would try and take down their own pack." He sneers.

"Hmm.. I don't know... someone who isn't right in the head. You were captured and kept for over 12 years. How can we trust that you didn't change your loyalty? How can we trust that you are still you? How can we trust that they aren't here right now waiting for something to happen just to have a motive to attack our pack?" Questions Lucy.

"Why is Lucinda involved in this? I don't need my only daughter turning against me." He raises his voice.

"Well for starters, she was the first to discover your odd behavior so she has right to be here. Now, were done answering your questions. You need to start talking and answer ours. What are you planning?" I retort.

"I'm not planning anything! All of you need to back off!" He shouts.

"Listen, I don't care who you are. If I have to use force against you to get you to answer our questions you better believe I will do it in the blink of an eye so I suggest you start talking."

"Fine! You want answers?! You'll get them! What am I planning?! I'm planning on keeping this pack alive! Why was I in the field with Summer, Jordan, and the rouge Phillip? Because he was keeping us informed on the state of the pack we just came from! They want us to return and if we don't do as they say they have threatened to bring war! Are you happy now?!" He explodes. His face is contorted in red anger.

"What is going on down here?!" My mother yells looking accusatory at Lucian and I.

"Nothing that concerns you." I reply.

"Nathaniel! I thought you were better than this! Seriously?! You're confronting Lucian?! Since when is this a thing? Is it something you looked forward to this entire time? Seriously, you don't understand how frustrated I am with you at this moment." She pauses and looks around the room.