Chapter 6

Nathaniel's POV:
"Alright, that was good but try to use your body weight with the next kick, that way your kick will have more force behind it. You get what I mean?"
She nods and does as told.
"That's perfect. You're a quick learner, you don't even need me. You, my friend, are one good fighter. Okay, so that's enough for today. Let's head up to the room, freshen up, and then walk around and meet the pack. Okay?"
"S-sounds good."
"Hey, don't worry I won't let anyone do anything to you."
"Thanks Nathaniel."
We packed up our stuff and left the training area. Walking to our room we bumped into a few people who either glared at us or looked at us as if we had done something. I ignored them but it looked like the looks were getting to Melissa so I pulled her closer and kept her from the looks everyone was giving us. I can't wait to leave this pack, they can be so unwelcoming.
When we finally arrived at our room Melissa showered first and then I so that while I shower she has time to get herself ready without needing to rush.
After we were both done we walked outside and headed to the back of the pack house which is where the Alpha told us most of the pack hangs out at. Melissa was wearing a white loose dress that reached her knees and I was wearing jeans and button up shirt. Tonight the pack was having a campfire and the alpha told us to go in order so that he could introduce us to his pack so that they don't think of us as a threat.
There were multiple fires started with different groups of people around it. One had teenagers, one had adults, another had what looked like preteens and the rest where smaller ones with all teens mixed into their small groups/squads.
Melissa and I walk over to the one where the alpha is so that he knows where here and introduce us.
When he sees us he quickly howls, not a warning howl, but a listen up kinda howl.
Odd... In my pack my mom just yells at everyone to shut up and pay attention. It's pretty funny when you see their reactions... I don't understand why they are so afraid of my mom, but hey, they are well respected, mannered, and all care for each other. To say I'm proud of my pack would be an understatement. Strongest pack in America.
Anyways, back to where we were. As everyone turns their attention to their alpha, they notice us and give confused looks to the alpha.
"I hope you are all enjoying yourselves tonight. Now, I'm going to keep this short. Standing next to me are Future Alpha of the Moonlake Pack: Nathaniel Derek Hunter, and his companion, our own Melissa Ariana Gonzales. They will be staying here until tomorrow, hopefully a few more days, so be kind and make them feel welcome in the pack."
Everyone looks at us in shock and murmurs begin surrounding us.
I grab Melissa's hand and walk towards the back. I know my mate isn't here so I don't need to bother and be friendly with anyone. If they want to be rude then fine. As we walk towards the empty fire in the back, I hear some people say things like "That can't be the alpha of Moon Lake hanging out with that loser." or "Damn, his pack is screwed if he's into whores like piggy Melissa."
I tried containing my growl but failed. It was low, but powerful enough to make all the murmurs stop.
Good.
As we sit by the fire, Melissa and I begin to talk and get to know each other better.
"Alright okay, so this is the most important question that I will ask. It determines whether I will like you for the rest of my life, or hate. You ready?" She asks.
"Alright. What is it?"
"Oreos or Nutella?"
"Hey! That's not fair! I love them both! You can't make me pick! I refuse!" I say jokingly.
"Ding ding ding! That, my friend, was the CORRECT ANSWER!"
"I hate you." I say jokingly and she punches my arm playfully.
"It's okay, I hate you too."
"Nah, you love me."
She looks around her and I roll my eyes.
"You talking to me? Cause buddy you got it wrong."
"You know, I don't think I do little miss sassy pants." I say.
"I'm not sassy!"
"Whatever you say short stuff."
"Oh my God, i'm not short! I think 5'2 is perfect! Plus, i'm fun sized you giant!" She says sassily.
"Fun sized?!" I say and burst out laughing.
She begins glaring at me which of course only makes me laugh harder each time.
"I hate you." She says crossing her arms and pouting.
I try and recover from my fit of laughter but fail to do so. She gets up and turns her back to me.
"Come on short stuff, don't be mad." I say moving closer to where she is.
"Take it back."
"That's cute, now come on, it's getting late. We have a trip tomorrow."
"I'm not moving from here until you take it back."
"Shorty, come on before I have to pick you up."
"Nope. Not moving."
Well, she's stubborn. Anyways, I tried to warn her. I grab her by the waist and throw her over my shoulder. She let's out a squeal and punches my back.
"Put me down Nathaniel!"
"I warned you short stuff."
"Put me down! People are staring!"
"So? Let them."
"Nathaniel!"
"Melissa!" I mock her.
"Damn you." She says giving up.
"Good girl."
She huffs in annoyance as I open the door to our room. I throw her in the bed and lie down next to her.
"Melissaaaaaaa, i'm tiredddd." I whine.
"Suck it up old man." She says shoving me off the bed. I fall on the floor face first but it doesn't hurt.
"Oh my God are you okay?!" She gets up and runs to where i am. I don't reply and close my eyes. The floor feels so comfortable and i'm so tired.
"Nathaniel!"
"Ugh, i'm fine. Go to sleep." I say.
"Ugh, get up, sleep on the bed."
"I'm fine. The floor is comfortable and I'm too lazy to get up."
"Nathaniel." She says warningly.
"Ugh, fine." I say and slowly get up and lay on the bed.
"Night." She says.
"Where are you?" I say.
"Couch."
"Why?"
"Because."
"Because is not an answer. Come. You can't sleep uncomfortable. I won't touch you, I promise."
"I don't know..."
"Melissa."
"Fine." As the bed dips I close my eyes again and begin to let sleep take over me. Tomorrow will be a long day. Tomorrow I get to see my dad.

Ok guys.... Sorry for updating so late... Next chapter is when I'm going to begin making them super long... Buttttt next chapter im also giving you a nice treat.... So... Would you like Rosaliand's pov or Lucian's?
Comment below!