Chapter 7

Lucian's POV-
It's been years.
I've been away from them for so long i've stopped counting time. I live day by day, hoping that one day i'll be able to escape... Not just me, but with my adoptive son, Jordan.
I guess you might be a little lost huh?
When they first took me... Well... they drained me. I couldn't use my wolf, much less contact him or, in fact anyone. I kept trying day after day. They did everything they could to hurt me until one day... One day I don't known what changed...
All I remember is being locked up in the damp, cold cell, my arms restrained with silver chains above my head and my legs chained to the bed... Just a piece of cement... But still something, and then the next moment i was being untied... I tried running away just as I had the many times before... But of course I had no luck. I knew that my pack was trying to contact me. I knew my mate, my dear love Rosalind was trying to find me. I kept trying to escape, for them. For my son Nathaniel and my dear Rosalind, and my sister, and my pack, my family. Every day I was getting weaker, but that day they unchained me... They dragged me across the concrete floor and hauled me in a van where they knocked me out. When I was awoken, I was in a lab. I heard the same voices I had begun accustomed to hearing for the past few months.
I was sitting in a white chair once again all tied up.
The man standing in front of me held up a needle with some kind of purple substance in it. At that moment I knew that no good would come out of this.
I couldn't exactly do anything and they knew it. The next moment, the tall, scarred faced man in front of me, Jackson, was injecting me with the substance he had been holding up and observing only seconds before.
I remember the pain. My body had begun to shake violently, my veins began to change color and pop out, and blood was coming out of my eyes, nostrils, and my mouth. I remember the metallic taste of it.
After about five agonizing minutes of the torture the syringe put me through, I was out.
The next day, when I woke up, I had no memory of who I was or what I was doing. I knew nothing about myself. My memory was gone and my wolf was back, not that he was much help.
Jackson or any of the others, ever found out that my wolf came back. They thought that what they had done to me was permanent, but they were wrong. Two years after they had given me a new life, a new personality, and a new name, my memory began to slowly return. It took 2 more years for it to all come back, and that is where I am now. The first thing I remember remembering was Rosalind. I remember specifically the day we found Nathaniel in the woods.
She woke up in the middle of the night screaming about where her son was.
I remember how confused I was and how scared I had been.
Had my mate been with someone else?
Would she want me to help her raise her son?
Would she even want me near her?
Would she want kids with me?
I remember how freaked out I was.
The moment I had found out the truth, I had felt so relieved.
Rosalind had adopted this child, our child, and we were going to raise him.
She was so stubborn and demanding, and I loved it.
Thinking about her makes my heart ache, I wish this war had never happened.
I would be with my mate and we would be happy and together.
By now, our little Nathaniel should be all grown up, maybe in his late teens, around 18 maybe?
I wish I could see him.
I hear a knock on my door and my ten year old adoptive son runs into my room.
"Dad! There's going to be some members from another pack coming by soon. A future Alpha looking for his mate, along with a friend of his. The Alpha wanted us to know, he called but you were sleeping so I wanted to wait until you woke up."
"Alright, thank you Jordan."
"Oh, and he said specifically, "Tell Dean to stop being such a fatty and train these pack members already! I didn't make him head warrior for no reason!" Sooo you should... Uhm... Help out more dad."
"Alright, alright, what pack are the people visiting from?" I chuckle.
"Uhm, we don't know, they're coming from France but they're just from somewhere in north america, that's all they said over the phone with the alpha."
"Okay, thank you son. Come on, you have soccer practice today don't you?"
"Yeah, that's mainly why I came here in the first place. Thought you forgot."
I ruffle his hair and chuckle.
"Jordan, i'll never forget."
"Yeah, sure, like you didn't forget last week!"
"Hey! I didn't forget! I thought it was cancelled!"
"Dad, no excuses, you forgot!"
"Ha ha ha, whatever." I say and sigh.
"You win this time bud."
"Always will Dean."
"Hey, watch it." I say jokingly and he laughs.
He knows I hate the name. I much prefer my real name, Lucian, but of course I can't even tell him my real name.
-•-•-•-•-•-•-
Nathaniel's POV-
Early this morning I called the pack that has my father and told them about our visiting them. They said it would be alright. We told them we were in France so to expect us tomorrow, I want to visit my mom and aunt before I take the last flight to where my dad is. I informed Melissa of the last minute plans and she was nervous, but still very much excited.
She had never been out of the country and it would be a new experience for her.
"Melissa, you ready?" I ask her as we sit on our plane seats.
"Yeah." She says nervously.
"You ever been on a plane before?" I ask her.
"N-no."
"Well, I promise it's not scary. If anything, i'm here with you okay?"
"Okay."
"If you want you can get some sleep and I'll wake you up when we get there, or you can look out the window once the plane goes up."
"I wanna watch out the window."
"Great then."
We sit silently as the flight attendant instructs us on different things and the plane takes off.
As we reach higher into the sky, she begins to look out the window and giggles when she sees the beauty of it all.
She turns to me and asks me multiple times to look out the window with her when she sees something exciting.
When we were at level with the clouds she was amazed at how it all looked from up here. Every time she saw something shed make a face and make me laugh. After the first hour, she fell asleep and so did I. I woke up when the speaker announced that we would be landing shortly and so I woke up Melissa too.
I told her to look out the window again and what she saw really made her wake up. She seemed so excited and pointed out how everyone looked like little ants, even the cars.
When the plane landed, we waited a few minutes and then went to baggage claim and picked up our bags. As we walked out of the airport doors, I immediately saw a sign with Melissa and I's name on it. It was Mike and Beth.
"Mike!" I called out to him.
"Hey Man! Glad to see you!"
"This is Melissa, Melissa this is Mike and Beth, they're friends of my mom."
"Nice to meet you." She greets.
"Likewise, anyways follow me, Nathaniel there's someone waiting for you in the car." Says Beth.
"Who?"
"Wait and see." She says.
As we near the car, my little sister rushes out of the car followed by our Aunt Scout. She runs towards me and tackles me in a hug.
"I missed you! You were gone too long!" She says sternly.
"It's okay bumble bee i'm here. I missed you too." I say and give her a hug.
"Glad you're back." Says Aunt Scout as I pull away from my sister.
"Not for long, anyways, Aunt Scout, meet my friend, Melissa. Melissa, my aunt Scout and my little sister Lucinda."
"Nice to meet you." Says Melissa as Lucy runs up to her and hugs her.
"Bumble bee, be careful." I say.
"Alright, let's get going before you're mom kills me." Says Mike.
"You're stuff is in the trunk, so hurry up now." States Beth.
"Alright, alright, chill, were going." Says Lucinda.
"Watch it sassy pants." I say as we all get in the car and I sit her on my lap.
"I have good news for you sis."
"What is it?" She says happily.
"Soon, you'll be able to meet you're daddy. He's coming home very soon, and i'm sure he want to meet you." I say.
"Yay! I can't wait to tell mommy! I can't wait to see daddy!"
"You'll see him soon bumble bee. Just don't drive Mom nuts about it okay? I'm bringing him home with me so he can meet you."
"Okay! Yay! I'm so happy!"  She says jumping up and down on my lap.
"Alright calm down Lucinda, were here. Let's go see Mom and tell her the good news. You can even introduce Melissa to her okay?"
"Yes!"
"Great, come on!"
As I get out of the car I hear my mother's voice yelling out my name.
"Nathaniel! You didn't think to call me when you landed! I was freaking out and you had you're phone off! These two idiots aren't much help either. Bad friends!" She says being overly dramatic.
"I missed you too Mom." I say hugging her.
"Hi Melissa!" She says now ignoring me.
She always does this to me.
"Hi ma'am." Says Melissa shyly.
"Come on, Call me Rose! I'm not an old lady! Barely 29!"
At the mention of my mom's name, Melissa looks shocked.
"Wow, you're young."
My mom laughs and shifts to her Angel self which makes Melissa surprised once again.
"Get Melissa settled in, I'm going to go help Zachary with something real quick and then we'll back. Sound good?"
She takes off before we even get a chance to reply, when all of a sudden, Melissa faints in front of me. I quickly run up to catch her but notice something.
She isn't breathing and she has no pulse.

That's it for this chapter! But anyways, whose Point of View would you like next chapter?! Rosalind, Scout's, Lucian's (Dean), or Melissa's?! Nathaniel's will always be included.