Chapter 2

A/N: Sorry I haven't updated, I had testing weeks so it messed up my writing schedule, but anyways I tried writing something, enjoy!

Nathaniel's POV:

I wake up to the sound of loud chattering outside of my room door. I look at my bedside table to see that the time is 4:30 in the morning. Who the hell could be awake at this time? The people who are catching their flights are waking up at 6 and leaving at 9 so I know it's not them. Who is it?

"Nathaniel wake up! Hurry!" I hear people yell while banging on my door. I quickly recognize the voice as Jasmin's. I quickly throw on a pair of shorts and tank top and open the door. I immediately see four worried faces looking at me.

"What's wrong? What happened?"

"Your mom needs you. She passed out a few hours ago and nothing we do seems to help her wake up. Go to her. Maybe having her son close by will help her wake up. We've taken her to the pack hospital."

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?!" I yell as I quickly walk past them not waiting for an answer.

I run to the garage and grab my car keys. As I grab them I see the worried faces of Jasmin, Jeramy, Valery, Michael, and Adrianna. I get into my car and speed my way to the hospital, getting there in record time. I run into the building and ask for my mom's room number. Once I find her room I hurry in and take a good look at her. She's connected to an anesthesia machine. Was she in some kind of pain too?

I take a seat beside her and grab her hand. I look at the heart monitor to see a steady beat. I let out a sigh of relief. I don't plan on moving from her side until she wakes up.

-TIME LAPSE: TWO DAYS LATER-

Her heart monitor has gone out of control. It has flat-lined about three times already and each time for a longer amount of time than the other. I can't lose my mom. I hold on tight to her hand and give it a soft kiss as tears run down my eyes.  Suddenly, the long beeping of the monitor returns. It's happening again!

I run out the door and call for help. The doctors quickly run in and push me to the wall so that I am not in their way. They quickly get the defibrillators and shock her in attempt to bring her back. After a few attempts her heart begins beating again and my racing heart begins to cool down slightly. I run towards her as the doctors leave the room.

Once I reach her I grab her hand once more and feel her index finger twitch making me look up at her face.  Seconds pass and suddenly her chest rises up as she takes a deep breath and opens her eyes. I can't stop myself from quickly engulfing her in a hug. As I let her go I can tell that she wants to tell me something but can't as she motions for the cup of water sitting next to her bed. I quickly give it to her and wait for her to finish it.

"The Moon Goddess... She found him." She says out of breath.

"Calm down Mom, what do you mean she found him?"

"She held me with her, Bethany was there too, she found Lucian. She showed me the way and trained my wolf, vampire, and angel for what is to come. She told me of a prophecy. "Seven wolves would come together and form a strong bond. One may die due to a loss of hope. They will face many challenges along the way, but with their great power combined they will make it out alive.""

"Who is the prophecy about?"

"Jasmin, Valery, Adrianna, Michael, Jeramy, Bethany, and I. Apparently, our wolves are connected somehow. It's what has always allowed us to do things like mind-link even though we weren't in the same packs.  She also said that the others also have different powers. They're not like me with different species within them. They have abilities like healing, stopping time, flying, telekinesis, breathing under water, and things like that. The moon goddess herself isn't sure of who has which powers yet but she knows that their wolves are powerful. Their powers haven't activated because their wolves knew that they had to keep those powers hidden until it was time. The only one who knows she has abilities is Bethany with her teleportation. While on our mission to rescue Lucian, their abilities will awaken depending on the circumstances in which they will be needed. For now, the moon goddess will help them control their powers until they manage to handle them for themselves."

"Are you sure?" I can't believe they all have abilities. I knew their wolves had unique designs unlike other wolves and that they were bigger than most but I didn't ever think that this would be the reason why. I can't believe it.

"Yes, certain of it." She replies.

"Alright, so we need to get you out of this hospital and go talk to them. How do you feel?"

"Like death."

"Mom, you flat-lined a couple times. Any ideas why?"

"No, maybe it had to do with the times I got injured while practicing with my other beings, if not then I don't know."

"Okay, well let me just go get the doctor so we can sign you out. Sound good?"

"Yeah, I hate being surrounded by white walls. It's so... plain. It drives me nuts. Now go hurry before I go crazy."

I chuckle and shake my head as I walk out of the room. No matter what, my mom will never stop being so silly. Sometimes it feels as if she never grew up. Through tough times she always finds a way to make us smile, even if she's the one in the trouble.