Chapter 14

Nathaniel's POV- 

"No! This time it's not happening! We don't need a war and I sure as hell am gonna make sure that the elders take some damn action this time! I got my fucking mate taken away last time and many pack members lost their lives! This is not happening again! I'll make sure of it!" Yells my mother.

"Rosalind calm down babe. We'll go to the elders and see what we can do. There must be a way to negotiate with the rouges. We can avoid this." Says Lucian holding onto my mom trying to calm her down.

Ever since we returned, we avoided any and all talks about last night's confrontation. The moment we walked in, Melissa, Lucy, and I handed Mother the note. The moment she saw it her eyed changed to a deep blood red which signified that she was pissed. No, it was not her vampire side as her eyes simply turn a deep black just like they do when her wolf takes over, except a little darker and brighter. Tears threatened to escape but she quickly put her guard up and handed Lucian the note. The moment he read he let out a deep, fierce growl but when he looked up at his mate, he calmed himself down. He knew his mate was far more pissed than he was and he would control it to help calm down a very dangerous and fearsome Luna.

"Listen to me, you and I will travel to meet the werewolf council today. Nathaniel can be left in charge until we return. He can greet out guests and accommodate them as we deal with the issue. We need to make sure that both packs remain safe. We can do this." He offers.

She looks up at him, her eyes no longer a blood red but rather back to her normal hazel. She looks unsure but agrees nevertheless.

"Nathaniel, you up for it? "

"Of course. "

"We leave tonight, we will only be gone two nights, Mike already contacted the council and they gave us a location. They will meet us in the in Europe where the abandoned royal palace was during the 19th century. We will return as soon as possible. "

"Go. I've got this under control. I will warn both packs and make sure to double patrol. If anything happens I will have someone contact you right away. Besides, I have Lucy and Melissa beside me." I state.

"You also have me," Summer walks into the room. "I heard what happened, and I apologize; but, I will be here to help. I want to help. Will you let me?"

I look at her and nod. I know it sounds wrong, but I still don't trust her.

"It's settled then." I look at my mom.

"The Silver Linings Pack is here!" Shouts Lucy.

We all turn to look at her and then back at each other.  Silence fills the room. 

"Alright,  change of plans,  I will go welcome them. We will alert them of our departure and after, we can pack and leave." Mom speaks up. 

"Let's go." Lucian instructs and heads out with mother in tow.  I follow them and the others to the front of the pack house where the pack is. 

3rd Person's Point of View

The Silver Linings pack waited patiently in front of the matte black pack house of the Moon Lake Pack. Pack members stand behind their leaders,  Alpha Wyatt and their beloved Luna.  To his right, one would look and find the beta and his mate.  To his left,  one would find the beloved Ex-alpha and Luna. Both were adored and looked up to by their pack.  They were great leaders to the pack. They were looked up to and highly respected. 

A few moments pass after they had all gotten down from their vehicles when a young girl around twelve years old ran past them faster than the blink of an eye. The Alpha - Wyatt- becomes visibly surprised. He had never seen such a young child gain their wolf speed this young. Not a minute longer, their old neighboring pack's Alpha and Luna quickly approach them followed by a group of teenagers behind them. They all walk until they are directly in front of each other looking eye to eye. The Alphas nod in acknowledgement as a greeting.