Chapter 8

Melissa's Pov:

I can't breathe. I can't move. I feel like i'm drowning but I can't do anything about it. I don't know where I am. I look around me and all I see is water. I feel as if something was dragging me down. I look down and I don't see anything. I notice that I am wearing a simple white dress which i don't know how it got on me. I want to move, I want to escape. I'm terrified. I don't know what to do. I close my eyes for a second and try to calm down. Suddenly, I feel a force pull me away. I open my eyes and i'm laying on the floor of a mansion. My dress is soaked, my hair is all over the place, and I am barefooted. What am I doing here? Where is here?

     I get up from the now wet floor and look around

" Hello?" I call out. There must be someone here. I need to know what's going on. I walk around and go into the closest room I find. It looks like an office but it's empty. I open another door and I'm shocked at what I see. Nathaniel's mother is just standing there. Looking at me.

"It's you?"

"Where am I? What do you mean?"

"Calm down you're somewhere safe."

"Where am I?"

"Child, you're at my home. What I don't understand is why you?"

"You keep saying that but why me what?"

"Child, i'm part angel. What you don't know is what type of angel I am I've never told anyone because I was sworn into secrecy. I am an angel of war of the highest rank and I work alongside the moon goddess. You were brought to me so that I could finally meet you as I will now protect you. Think of it as... I don't know... as if I was your own guardian angel of sorts. I'm here to not only protect you, but to train you as you will follow in my footsteps and protect others one day. You will not be an angel of war, but you will be one of my messengers. Now, your soul must return to your body or you will die. Good luck."

"Wait what?!"

"No time." She says and begins to walk as she fades away.

What is going on?!

Once again, I feel myself being pulled down and I can no longer breath. This time though, I'm not sinking, i'm rising. I close my eyes and next thing I know I feel air hit my face. I take a deep breath as I sit up from my laying position. Once I calmed down, I notice Nathaniel looking at me with tears in his eyes.

"Hi." I say.

"I thought you were gone." He whispers.

"You can't get rid of me that easily buddy."

"Melissa... you stopped breathing and your heart stopped for a good five minutes before I managed to start it back up. I had to perform CPR on my best friend and I was terrified. I'm so happy you're awake now." He says, more tears falling as he tries to contain them but fails.