TWENTY SIX: A Party?

Start from the beginning

Ah! Such a peaceful state this is.

I wish I could stay here forever but I needed to wash off the sweat and dirt from my body before I killed anyone with the stench.

I made my way down the stairs and into my room. Quickly undressing I jolted into the bath. Maiu had already laid out towels and filled it with cold water. That woman really did enjoy serving me.

I entered the pool of water and just sank right in. The cold water felt heavenly against my skin making me moan in happiness.

But I quickly realized that the bath seemed to be getting smaller. Seems like I had grown a bit too much like Anka had pointed out. If this was the rate I kept growing than I think I would need a new bath in a couple of months.

I got out of the bath quicker than I would have liked. That's because I wouldn't want Aahotep to find me butt naked when he would visit me in a bit. 

Every night for an at least an hour he would visit me in my chambers. Its all for the act so people gossip of how our strong our relationship was.

He sits by the study table and either writes something or reads, sometimes he does both.

I on the other hand read books sitting in bed. I have come appreciate literature instead of fleeing from it as if it were to eat me alive. Funny how time changes you.

We hardly spoke to each other and if I was being honest I liked it that way. I still didn't know what to make of our situation.

When we did speak it never really lasted long. Our talks mostly consisted of where we would be travelling next and places we would visit.

Since the last couple of months we had been travelling quite a lot. As of last month we had visited all the neighboring countries.

I really didn't know why we were doing this but I think it has something to do with strengthening the relationship between our countries.

I loved travelling and was slightly sad it was over. I got to enjoy a lot of diverse and amazing food. As I was drooling over the amazing food I had eaten, I heard a knock.

I let out a deep sigh and got off my bed. I really wanted to spend some time alone today without seeing his face.

I walked toward the door and opened it.

“Hello Neith, missed me?” he asked, showcasing all his perfectly aligned teeth.

“Yes, your majesty I have missed you dearly. Please come in,” I say, trying not to choke on my words while opening the door wider to let him in.

This is the usual how we would greet each other since there was always a maid or two roaming the corridors.

I hated having to act fondly. It made me want to stab myself. I closed the door and with that my fake smile vanished like the cool breeze on a hot summer day. I went straight to my bed without looking up at him.

I placed my bottom comfortably on my bed and took out the book I had been reading for a week now. It was a bit dull but I would glad take it over talking to Aahotep any day.

I could hear Aahotep walk towards the study table. He pulled the chair and brought it close to my bed. I looked up from my book, confused.

"There is something I want to talk to you about,” he said softly. He seemed to try and avoid eye contact.

“Are we going somewhere again?” I asked, slightly suspicious of his attitude.

“No no, we aren't travelling anywhere. Its about... you're birthday, the one that's coming up soon,” he said looking slightly nervous.

How did he know my birthday was coming?

“What about it,” I asked, coldly. If there was a day I hated with every fibre in my body, it was my birthday. My family had lost someone very important that day.

“Well, I have to decorate the palace, decide on what food needs to be prepared for the party I will be conducting so was wondering if you had any sort of preferences,” he said so fast it took me a second to take it all in.

I looked at him dumbfounded. Did he just say he will be organising a party, for my birthday.

WAS. HE. KIDDING. ME?

“You're joking right? You can't actually be serious right now,” I snapped, looking angry and horrified that he could even do such a thing.

There was NO way are we having a party for my birthday, I mean its like throwing a party for my mom's funeral.

“Whether you like it or not, you're the Queen of Egypt now, obviously your birthday will be celebrated. I will ask you again, do you have any preferences to how you want the decorations or the food menu?” he asked with such coldness it hurt.

“I won't allow it. It's my birthday so I get to decided whether or not I want a party not you. My mother died that day!” I yelled, trying not to just punch this stupid idiot of a man in the face. 

“Whatever may have happened that day is secondary. Your birthday will be celebrated and since you don't seem to have any preferences on the matter I will just have to pick something. You can go back to reading your book,” he said and turned around toward the study table.

I just sat there looking at him in disbelief. How could he so cold hearted? Is he even human?

All doubts I had on him being a good man went out of my head. There was no way this selfish man had any good in him. How dare he! How dare he do something I don't want in my name.

I took my book and blocked him out of my sight with it. If he thinks he is going to get away with this the he in for one hell of a surprise. If he is gonna throw a party than I'll make sure it's one he will regret forever.

A/n:

Mmm I wonder what she is going to do 😏. Anyway the next chapter will be quite interesting so please stay tuned.

If you liked this chapter please do vote by pressing the small star at the bottom. Also don't forget to comment and share.

Hope you guys have an awesome day 😊. Love ya!! ❤❤