19. Pierre = Angry + Hurt!

Começar do início

"I'm not going to reply to that question," I told him.

"Why not?" he asked me, "Don't tell me that you are ashamed of the answer."

"I am not ashamed of anything," I told him firmly and he huffed.

"Then answer the question, Declan," he ordered me.

"What's up with you?" I asked him instead of giving him an answer.

"Nothing," he replied but it was hard for me to believe.

"No, something is not right," I said and he rolled his eyes.

"You are wasting my time. If you are not going to answer the question, leave at once,"  he snapped at me once again before adding, "I don't want you here."

I just stared at him, speechless. Something was definitely wrong but I could not guess what it was. I did not even have a single clue.

"Love, tell me, what's wrong?" I asked him and he glared at me. If that was even possible, I could see the flames of rage in his eyes.

"Don't call me that!" he shouted angrily at my face and I jumped slightly due to his sudden outburst. His mom glanced at us with a frown and I gave her a reassuring smile which quickly disappeared when she looked away. "Go away."

"No, tell me what I did to you first," I demanded of him and I went to touch his hand but he slapped it away. 

"You are a liar," he said at last and I looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean?" I asked him and he let out a dry laugh. I did not think that he found anything funny though.

"Don't play the innocent card with me," he exclaimed, "You lied to me all this time."

Huh? I lied to him? I was sure that I never did such thing and I did not plan on doing it so soon. He was the last person that I wanted to lie to. I always made sure to tell him the truth. I thought that he already knew that.

"Pierre, I don't know what you are talking about," I told him honestly.

"Let it go. It's not important anymore. Leave me alone," he said but I was not going to listen to him.

"Tell me," I pleaded him, "What did I lie to you about?"

He lowered his gaze and surprisingly, his hands started to tremble. He turned them into a fist but it did not help at all. He murmured, "You are a liar, a simple liar."

"What did I lie about?" I asked him once again, getting impatient.

"You lied about everything," he replied at last and he glanced up at me with teary eyes, "You said that you love me, you said it so many times. I-I-I started to think that maybe you were telling the truth. I started to trust your words but then, yesterday, I heard everything you told my dad about me and the truth is, I am not important to you, I'm just someone you are sexually attracted to."

I stared at him in shock. I opened my mouth to say something, anything but no words came out. No, no, no! God! I did not know that he was listening when I was talking to his dad. If I had knew, things would have been said differently.

"Pierre, you got it all wrong," I told him and he shook his head, "It's not what you think."

"Then you did not lie?" he asked me.

"Well, yeah, I did but-"

"I knew it," he exclaimed before I could finish my sentence. "I can't believe that I let you fool me like this. Everyone was right about you, you are the devil and you can't be trusted."