"He could do it to try and make me look bad." Liam offered.

"True, he might try and discredit you by taking the drugs. Or he might use it as a distraction."

"To take our eyes off him and onto what was happening so he could go through with this stupid plan of his." Liam rubbed his mouth. "Which we don't know what it is."

"We do know. We know its about you. Hurting you and taking everything from you." Carlos folded his arms over his chest. "Or did you forget that?"

Liam sighed, "Carlos." He warned, he knew what was coming.

"Don't Carlos me Liam. We've been friends for a very long time and I know when you're avoiding someone. So why is it that you're avoiding her?" Carlos raised a brow. "Ashamed of yourself?"

"Yes." Liam threw his hands in the air. "Of cause, I am, I have no excuses for why I thought that way, or why I went through with accusing either of you of doing something like that. But I don't know how to fix it with her or with you."

"Sorry normally works." Carlos mused looking at his fingernails.

"Sure, I'll just hunt her down and say I'm sorry. Because that's going to make it better." Liam said sarcastically.

"It won't make it better, but it might be a start. She still loves you, but the more you avoid her the less chance you have of that emotion actually stopping her from doing something."

One of Liam's burner phones started ringing, it was the line that connected him to Bennett. He hadn't spoken to him in a while since his father had been on the move so much, they didn't want to risk it. He thought it wasn't a good sign that Bennett was calling now that his father had stopped moving around.

"Speak." Liam ordered down the line.

"You have a mole." Bennett's voice was a whisper, he was rushing somewhere also, Liam could hear the rush of air from his mouth.

"What?!"

"You have a mole. Someone is leaking information to Enzo. Specifically, about Rowen."

"How do you know?" he asked, quickly switching the phone to speaker so Carlos could listen in also.

"You've been fighting, not talking at all in two weeks. You did something stupid, hurt her. Enzo thinks you'll be distracted enough for him to take her again."

"Why does he want her?" Liam growled. It didn't make sense. His father wanted to watch him fail. Why did he want Rowen so much?

"Sick fascination. Something you have that he wants for himself. Not really sure, I haven't been given that kind of information. But we're no longer on the move. We're close. Too close."

Liam growled, running his fingers through his hair. This wasn't right, his father was supposed to go after his business, not his woman. He'd already done that, he'd taken her away and hurt her. Why did he want her again? Did he think that because of the fights that Rowen would be willing this time? Or that perhaps she'd help him? Use that big beautiful brain of hers and take Liam down?

"Thank you." Liam said reaching to hang up.

"Isaac Bernarda." The line went dead after Bennett gave him the name of the man betraying him.

Liam looked to Carlos who was wearing a similar look to himself no doubt. Cold and murderous. Isaac Bernarda was going to die for his betrayal.

**** **** ****