The Olympic Sport of Cellphone Throwing

Start from the beginning

Lydia's gaze snapped back up to me, "Well I'm just saying that as an Astor, you're very expensive. The entire dead pool doesn't rack up to how much you're actually worth."

"Aww right back at you, Lydia," I cooed and she rolled her eyes, "I'm very aware of how much the Astor's are worth, but I meant as a witch. I mean, you're worth twenty million, Scott's worth twenty-five, I just wonder how much I would be to kill."

"Well when Malia and I crack the rest of the list, I'll be sure to tell you," Lydia stated as the bell rang overhead. We collected our things and the two of them followed me to my locker, which was closest.

"Are you two going to the scrimmage tonight?"

"If I can figure out the next cipher key then maybe," Lydia replied, "But it's looking to be a bit challenging."

"Well that's why you've got Malia," I smiled at the werecoyote, "She's persistent, she's gonna make sure you figure it out."

"Can't you come along then and help me too?"

I shrugged, "I've got econ in five minutes, otherwise I'd totally be there. But I definitely can't tonight, I'm supporting Stiles at the scrimmage." I threw a few books in my locker before pulling out my econ textbook and matching notebook. I felt silly carrying around notebooks but it was completely worth it to see Malia learn from them.

I looked over Lydia's head to see Stiles exit a classroom and make his way over to us. I looked back at Lydia who was smirking.

"Right, your little loverboy's first scrimmage of the season, can't miss that."

"Speaking of loverboys, Lydia, there's something I've been meaning to tell you-" I was cut off by Stiles giving me a chaste kiss before continuing down the hallway into Coach's classroom. He smiled at me and winked before tripping over his feet. I looked back to Lydia and Malia, who both shared a flabbergasted expression.

"What. The hell. Was that?" Lydia stated slowly, looking at me eagerly.

I scratched the back of my head, "Uh - yeah. Yeah, that was what I've been meaning to talk to you about."

"When did it happen?" She pressed and I laughed breathlessly.

"Um, Friday?" I braced myself for the punch on my arm.

"Friday? Why didn't you tell me - tell us - sooner?" Lydia motioned between herself and Malia.

"You guys were at the lake house with Kira trying to figure out the other cipher keys. I didn't want to break your concentration."

"Horse shit, why didn't you really?"

I smiled sheepishly, "I was planning on telling you today, really. I just wanted a little bit of time to enjoy it before going around and bragging about how he's my boyfriend."

Lydia squeaked in excitement at the word 'boyfriend,' "So it's official then? You two are together."

My smile grew larger, "Yes, Stiles and I are together. With labels and everything."

Malia joined in on the smile fest, "That's great, June! Congratulations."

I hoisted my backpack over one shoulder as I blushed, "Thanks, you guys. Look, I have to go, text me as soon as you break the next part of the code, okay?"

Lydia nodded and I made my way down to Coach's classroom. Most of the seats were already filled, but as it so happened, there was a seat open directly in front of Stiles. I was quick to take it and I turned around to face him. He was setting up for what I thought was the lesson before I took a closer look.