Chapter 44- Loneliness Again {END}

MAYUKI-CHAN

********************************************************

"I want to protect the person important to me... I want to work for that person. I want to fight for that person. I want to make that person's dream come true... That is my dream," I quoted along with my favorite Naruto character with a tear stained face. I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my pink and blue Kimono and was about to quote some more lines when suddenly I heard my name being called.

"Alyssis! Young Mistress!" just like the first time, I didn't answer. I simply watched as the door handle jiggled a little before finally turning 180 degrees to open my black mahogany door that was adorned with ninja scrolls and messily drawn pictures of ninjas. The door creaked as it was opened to reveal a short middle aged woman with jet black, waist length, wavy hair, bright blue eyes, and crow's feet by her eyes. She was wearing a simple black sundress with a bright blue amulet hanging from her slim neck, and a hugged diamond on the hand that was used to open the door.

"Yes, Miss Anne," I quietly said as the episode continued to play in the background.

Quickly, her eyes locked with the laptop's screen and she quickly walked over to it. It gave a loud snap as she slammed it shut.

"Why are you watching that?" she asked.

"I miss him," I whispered.

"I know you do," she said while holding both of my hands and subsequently pulling me out of my bed. "But don't forget that this parting of ways isn't going to be forever. He's going to become stronger so that he can keep you safe."

"Where's mother?" I asked. "To think that now she's here, she would be the one retrieving me."

"You freeze the doors when she tries to, Alyssis," said Miss Anne in a deadpan voice.

"Right," I agreed.

"You can't be mad at her forever, Alyssis," she said while looking into my eyes. "She was only protecting you."

"I know," I said. "But it isn't fair to you, father or me."

"No, you're not the one who's being fair," she said while folding her arms. "You wanted to stay with someone who you've only known for 3 months, someone who was going to kill you at first, someone who didn't have the task of putting up with you for 14 years of your life, who has never sat down for 12 hours, binge watching an anime that has a horrible ending, then another 12 hours, watching the sequel. You are willing to leave behind the very person who's taught you all you've known your whole life. Of course Avacci left us, but I've known you way longer than I've known her, and I would be stupid to let you, who I've raised, go."

"I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Now march your butt to the front room to your mother and conciliate," she demanded. "I did not raise a fake individual."

"Let's talk about being fake when you tell me about your adventures in Shakespeare," I said, then dashed out of the room.

I trudged along and dragged my feet along while complaining to myself. This time, however, I was complaining about how right miss Anne was. It wasn't fair, but in a sense, it was. Why would I leave the one who has loved, protected, guided and taught me from the day I was born, for someone who has barely done that in three months. Nevertheless, Haku did save me, and he did prove that he loved me, he did protect me, and he did teach me.

I internally screamed and ran a hand through my long locks, only to hear a tingling sound on the floor. I looked down to see the comb that Haku-kun gave me. Smiling, I picked it up and placed it back in my hair. I loved him, and I was going to find a way to stay with both him and Anne, even if it means training until I could no longer move to protect myself.