Chapter 13- Let's Fight

I know I said give me 1-2 business days, but I had to get this out ASAP. I love writing.

Oh and special thanks goes to Princessbunners and soulsurviver123 for giving me motivation o get this up today.

ENJOY!

*************************

I was sitting in a dark room. My hands were clammy and a bead of sweat rolled down my face.

"Thomas Lake. World class Mad Scientist, with no new inventions for us."

"What do you have to say?"

"What do you have to say for yourself?"

The voices of my employer well board of employers echoed in the pitch-black room.

"Do you wish for our demise?"

"Do you wish for our competitors to overthrow us?"

"We have invested millions into you, and this is how you repay us?"

"Going missing for weeks!"

They were getting angrier by the minute.

"Speak!"

"I'm truly sorry for my incompetence," I said.

"Good don't let it..."

"But..." I said, cutting them off. "But I would rather be incompetent in working for you than to be incompetent in the life of my daughter. I'd rather lose my job than to let her suffer in loneliness any longer. I have devoted 16 years to you and only you. I put my wife in danger and she disappeared, and I have to lock my daughter away in fear of her being taken away from your competition in exchange for ideas. Furthermore, I don't need your money. I was only doing you a favor."

I then got up from the chair.

"I quit."

I then walked to the door a if the room wasn't pitch-black.

"Wait..."

"Thomas..."

"Don't go. We were only giving you a warning.

"We weren't going to fire you."

I ignored their pleas and continued walking.

My name being continuously called as I walked down the stretched hallway

Thomas

Thomas

"THOMAS!"

"Huh," I said as I was yanked back into reality.

"You were in some deep thought," said Anne as she jumped on her bed.

We were currently in a hotel for the night. Tomorrow, we were going to find those two incestuous siblings.

Anne then walked up to me and held my face, squishing my cheeks in the process.

"What's going on in that big head of yours?" she asked. I stared in those big blue eyes of hers with my charcoal ones.

"I quit InvriCorp," I said.

"What!" she screamed. "I thought that was your dream!"

I looked down. "I was, until we got into this mess. If only I had spent more time with Alyssis and out of that stupid lab maybe she wouldn't have gone looking for me," I said as I stared at my trembling hands. "I quit the day after Alyssis went missing."