Chapter 4: Forest Fight

(Tucker's p.o.v.)
     You know, Yang sleeping on me wasn't as bad as I thought. Gave me good dreams and before you ask, no I won't say what they were about. Now I'm in the locker room putting on the teal and black jumpsuit thing that's under my armor. It's a pain in the ass since the thing is tight around all the wrong areas.
     "Nora, I don't think sloths make much noise." Someone said as they loaded they're guns.
     "That's why no one will know it's us!" A hyperactive feminine voice said.
     I just went back to putting on my chest armor, trying to zone out the noise behind me. Getting on the half a ton armor wasn't the best experience, but it's something. After putting on my helmet I grab my sword attaching it to my side and my rifle, which Ozpin insisted he had reworked to allow it to run off dust. He also said it turned into duel combat knives or something.
     "Today I get to let my sweetheart do the talking." I hear Ruby say. I walk over towards them seeing her holding a gargantuan red rifle looking thing like a baby and Yang looking in disapproval.
     "Sup guys." I say. The two turn to see me and look a bit confused.
     "Who are you again?" Yang asks raising an eyebrow.
     I sigh taking off my helmet, revealing my face to them. "It's me, Tucker."
     "That's so cool!" Ruby says with stars in her eyes as she inspects my armor and weapons.
     "Looking snazzy Tucker, get some good sleep?" She asked, her voice hitting a seductive tone at that last part.
     "You know it." I smile winking, causing her to blush and laugh.
     "Eww, cut it out you too!" Ruby says waving her arms around like crazy.
     "Alright alright, let's head to the launch platforms," I say walking away putting my helmet on, the sisters following behind.
(At the platforms)
     Damnit Ozpin, you with your speeches. I stand on the last platform, next to that one kid who threw up on the ship here. Next to him is Ruby and then Yang. "You will all be launched into the Emerald Forest, find your artifact and leave. The forest is filled with Grimm so don't hesitate to kill on sight. Or you'll be killed." Ozpin said as the first person launched.
     I get into a stance with my rifle ready. "Hey Ozpin, you account for my armor?" I ask.
     "Yes Tucker." He replied.
     "Why Tucker, your armor doesn't look that heavy." Ruby asks looking over.
     "Ruby, my armor weighs half a ton."
     "Whaaaaat?" She yelled as she was launched off, slightly unprepared.
     I laughed a bit until Jaune was launched off, causing me to laugh harder.
     "I'd be ready if I were you Tucker." Ozpin said taking a sip of his coffee
     "Don't worry I've been through," I say until the damn thing launched me like a boulder in a catapult. "Wooooorrrrsseeee!"
     "Of course you have."
     Holy shit that thing has some power. I use my the thrusters to shoot me forward a bit more, trying to get as close to the relics as possible. No I'm not a pussy and don't wanna fight Grimm, just wanna conserve aura. When I land, the ground craters beneath me shooting up dirt and grass.
     "Well at least it's not that black stuff." I say dusting the dirt off me. I start to sprint off with my gun in hand towards a marker I set up to my H.U.D.'s objective setting. Looking down at my motion tracker I see three dots running at me from behind. I turn facing three beowolves, each one looking at my sword.
"I'm not playing fetch with you fuckers." I say shooting at all of them, dropping two but one still remained. The last one runs at me as I frantically look for how to turn my rifle into those knifes Ozpin was telling me about.
"Fuck fuck fuck! Oh here we go." I say pushing a button as the rifle split in two, both ends turning into combat knives. I quickly twirl them and stab the Beowolf in the jaw before it could land it's pounce.
"Ha! Suck it bitch!" I yell pulling my knife out. Bow-chicka-bow-wow. I run towards the ruins to see chess pieces scattered around the place. God damnit Ozpin! Sucking the fun out of everything. I look around, finding a weird glimmer under one of the pillars. I lift the pillar revealing a crystal king piece lying there.
"Mine now." I say grabbing it and running. I find myself almost back to beacon I hear a feminine scream. I turn back, thinking its someone like Ruby or Yang.
     "Damn how come the run back is taking longer?" I yell at myself activating my thrusters to boost me forward. When I finally arrive I see Wiess sitting on Jaune, Yang and that Blake chick from last night standing together, Pyrrha lying on the ground, and Ruby running towards... A giant fucking deathstalker. Damn I hate those things. Also there's a nevermore in the sky. Ruby gets hit away by the deathstalker and gets up, holding her GIANT FUCKING SCYTHE? Was that what her sniper thing turns into? Oh shit the deathstalker is gonna strike. And double shit, Ruby's pinned to the ground by a nevermore feather. I charge in, pulling out my sword jumping up and slicing the tail off.
     "Tucker?" Ruby says a bit confused.
     I don't respond, instead I stab the death stalker in the head, killing it.
     "Ruby, next time try not running in head first to fight one of these things. From personal experience it'll knock the black right off you." I say, she obviously doesn't get the reference.
     "Tucker!" Yang yells running at me.
     "What's up Ya- oh shit!" I yell as she tackles me, squeezing me to dead.
     "Thank you so much for saving Ruby!" She says snuggling her cheek against the side of my helmet.
     "Yang... Can't.. Breath!" I barely mutter. She lets go of me and I throw my helmet off, gasping for air.
     "Sorry."
     "How the fuck are you crushing me while I'm wearing armor that ways half a ton?"
     "That armor weighs half a ton?" Yang yells as we turn to see Weiss helping Ruby up.
     "And ice bitch has come through, hope this lasts." I comment.
     Everyone shows up by us, including some Asian looking guy with a strand of pink hair, and that hyperactive girl from the locker room.
     "Alright, now what?" Yang asks.
     "Well that thing is circling back." Jaune states pointing to the nevermore.
     "No use in dilly-dallying, our objective is right in front of us." Weiss said pointing to the chess pieces.
     "She's right. Let's grab a piece and run." Ruby says as she and those who haven't grabbed a piece go towards the relics.
     Once everyone has grabbed their piece, we all start running towards another set of ruins when the nevermore catches up to us.
     "Nora, distract it!" The Asian dude, think his name was Ren, says. The Nora girl pulls a grenade launcher from her back, shooting a few rounds at the giant bird. The others run towards the bridge when the nevermore circles back and breaks it, sending everyone flying to another part of the ruins.
I use my thrusters to boost myself off the ledge I was standing on, hoping to land in the nevermore but instead I miss the damn bird, falling towards everyone else.
"Ah, son of a bitch." I say getting up, cracking my back
"Smooth sailing Tucker, really well done." Yang says with a hint of sarcasm.
"Shut up, unless you have a better idea."
Ruby looks down, shooting back up with determination filling her eyes.
"I have a plan, cover me." She says jumping off. Weiss, Yang, Blake, and I all open fire at the damn thing as it circles around to where Yang is. She gets a good shot at its head before she jumps into its mouth, rapidly shooting.
"I hope your hungry!" She yells before leaping out, letting the thing crash into the cliff side. I turn to see Blake has stung a sort of makeshift slingshot. Ruby jumps on and Weiss holds her using one of her glyphs before sending the little reaper flying.
"What the actual fuck." I say as Ruby lands, running up the side of the cliff. As she reaches the top, she completely chops off the nevermores head.
"I'll admit, that was pretty damn cool." I say looking at Weiss, Yang and Blake.
"You know it!" Yang says walking over. We fist bump then look up at Ruby striking a pose with her Scythe.
"Ok, how the hell does she use that thing?"