Chapter 25

3rd Person's POV

Two days after their unofficial match held in Rumi's apartment, Yukihira has long been staring at the window trying to visualize what he could've done to win back then. He curled his fingers under his chin signifying his deep thought. 'What was it that made her simple glazed cake special when there are hundreds of same-themed cakes out there?' He tried to analyze everything by trying to remember the texture and its taste.

"It must be the process." He mumbled when he couldn't find the answer in any of the two. He tilted his head to the side and drew another hum of suspicion to his own hypothesis. "But, her technique is quite the average."

He ruffled his own fiery red hair in frustration and groaned in the process. Tadokoro, who was passing by his room, heard it and knocked on his door. "U-Um, S-Soma-kun? Are you alright?" She timidly asked while poking her head in the gap after opening the door.

Soma whipped his head; his amber eyes flickered against the glaring daylight behind him. His right knee was bent with his right arm resting on it while the other half of his body was hanging in the edge of the window sill. He displayed an aura of a predator which scared the timid girl. "Oh, Megumi, you were there." He simply said with uninterested tone.

"Y-Yeah, anyway, are you okay?" Tadokoro asked again just in case he didn't hear the first try. The latter shrugged and neatly tucked his 'bandaged' arm inside his pocket.

"I was just thinking why did I lose that match."

A sharp gasp was heard from the girl and in a second was replaced with a frantic set of 'Ums' and 'Ohs' until a voice silenced her. "If you really are disturbed by that, why don't you go to her place and watch her cook once again?"

At this moment, a panicking Tadokoro was thankful when Isshiki arrived in such a great timing. However, the two young ones were shocked to see their own senpai peeking at them from the ceiling once again with that bear apron.

Back to the present

The buzzer went off and the clock started to tick away. The entire student body, staff and judges watched in silence. Only the flaring flames, chopping knives and boiling water kept the entire arena alive. Their hands were a blur to a normal person's sight. No movements were wasted as both chefs were calculative. They move from one side of their station to the other to add their secret spice if there was a need.

"Psst! Kawashima-chan, the commentary, the commentary." Isshiki whispered as lowly as possible to avoid any commotion or destroying the emcee's image.

"W-Wow! This is certainly unexpected!" Kawashima's high pitched voice disturbed the tension. "The contenders are grabbing each other by their necks!" She continued to blabber all her exaggerations until a fed up Kurokiba Ryou glared at her.

"If your commentary has nothing to do with our techniques or the food itself, shut your mouth." He angrily hissed.

"Wh-wha--"

"Oi, oi, you can't be too harsh on a lady, Kurokiba-san." Rumi threw the emcee a sympathizing look and a minute later, her words betrayed her action. "But he is right, Kawashima-san. If you really are a true chef by soul and aren't playing around in this Academy, you should not divert your attention to the professionals' work in front of you."

Half of her statement was an insult sugar-coated with words and addressed to no one specifically. Yet, it stung all those 'half-baked' and 'easy-go-lucky' students like a scorpion's tail. Hearing her snide, Erina, the Director, Doujima Gin, Isshiki, Soma and all those who are serious about their own style of cooking chuckled all together and had smirks plastered on their faces as if they were proud of what she just said.