The Challenge (Summer Special) || Edited

A/N: Warning: Tsukasa Eishi's going OOC-ish in this chapter. Forgive me, my dear readers. I just wanted to give a little bit of spark between him and the OC before the Election begins. 😢

Tsukasa Eishi's POV

There's only 6 days left before the Autumn Election begins. As usual, I am sitting here on my desk, basking in the warm sunlight peeking through the slightly parted curtains of my office. My work has finally diminished from a tower to a bubble with the help of our Seventh Seat, Isshiki-kun, yesterday. For the first time in my life, I've finally experienced the freedom away from those dull sheets I'm always signing for the sake of the academy.

"Yahoo~! Eishi-kun!"

I was about to lean on my chair when a cheery voice invaded my own peaceful corner. I swiveled and saw Rindo skipping towards me. Apparently, to me, her face spells danger every time she visits here. "I-I-I hope you're not bringing any other work of yours with you." I stuttered for a millisecond in my line. My heart soon dropped when I saw that familiar mischievous grin on her face.

"That aside..." her voice trailed off and in every second that ticks by, she awfully and truly resembles a cat in every corner of her expression. She raised her hand and I instinctively closed mine then I heard something slammed on my table. I flinched in response to that loud noise and when I opened my eyes, her face was already a few inches away from mine. "There's a Fireworks Display in town tomorrow. Hopefully you'll invite our very cute kōhai today." She grinned, flashing that cat-like incisors she has.

'Seriously, is she even a human?' I started to think otherwise as I continued to stare at her with a dumbfounded look before shifting my attention to the flyer she got on my table. To be honest, I was considering taking Takeshima-san out for the event tomorrow without her help. But, I do not know what to do with my timid self. I can't stand being surrounded by a crowd nor being watched intensely other than in a chef's realm—the kitchen. "B-But you know that I hate crowded places, Rindo!" I half complained. Well, I'm trying to see what she could offer after bringing this piece of paper in front of me without considering my fear.

"Are you telling me that you're going to let this chance pass by?" She asked while shaking her head disappointedly. I'm sure this is all an act but my heart is still reacting to every bit of her movements. "My, my, you're such a coward for a knight, Eishi-kun." She remarked.

"T-that's not it! I don't want to-!"

"If you're having troubles for the Festival, then I could help you, senpai." Isshiki-kun's head popped out from the door probably because he overheard our conversation. Like Rindo, this kid can also be persistent when he wishes to. His statement made Rindo squeal in delight. She clasped her hands together and smiled.

"There you have it, Eishi-kun. Now, invite our cute kōhai to the festival!" She handed me my phone which I didn't even notice she was holding in to it. I glanced at them, worried about their plan. The two nudged their heads urging me to send the invite through mail or call. I sighed, shaking my head knowing that they're using this time to eavesdrop about my life.

I stood up, grabbing my blazer and said, "Don't follow me."

=== Timeskip ===

With their persistent nature, here I am standing in front Takeshima-san's apartment. I took a deep breath to steel my inner self and reached for the doorbell. I was about to press that small white dot when the door swung open quite suddenly.

"Ah, senpai! What are you doing here?" That was the first thing she greeted me. A question. Nice. Maybe I should've told her ahead of time that I was coming since I saw her with a bag slung on her shoulder. That was not the reason why my stomach was feeling a tight, uncomfortable knot. I couldn't point it exactly. But, whenever Chef Shinomiya's face appears and that flash of memory of seeing him hugging her, I couldn't help but feel worked up for no reason. 'I suppose Chef Shinomiya has already invited her. I guess I should let it go.' I tried to urge myself.