Chapter 9 || Edited

The sun was visibly out at this moment. Few birds were chirping in my balcony, which I did not mind at all and there were quite a few bustling and chattering sounds outside of my apartment. It's only a natural thing though since we've got a long weekend ahead of us. It was a surprise that the academy actually gave us three days to rest from that hell-ish camp. I think I've done quite a lot of labor at the end of the day compared to the rest of those other kids in my batch.

I sighed while rubbing my aching shoulders. But I won't allow this to become a hindrance in learning new techniques and recipes! I was lying on the floor on my back with books surrounding my entire upper body. As I flipped over the next page, my phone buzzed once ringing that distinct tone for messages. I placed down the book beside me then grabbed my phone which was lying on the right side of my head. An unknown number flashed on the screen and to my curiosity, I opened the SMS and a smile appeared on my face right away.

To: Takeshima Rumi

Subject: Autumn Elections

From: 080-xxxx-xxxx

Good morning, Takeshima-san. This is Tsukasa Eishi. I would like to congratulate you because you are chosen as one of the lucky participants for the upcoming Autumn Elections.

I may not be able to watch all of your matches but always know that I am here for you whenever you need a taste tester. I would like to try some of your creations soon.

P.S. I should've called you or meet with you personally but I can't. I'm tied with paperwork. I'm truly sorry if I'm creeping you out.

After reading his adorable message and end note, I swiftly typed in my reply. My stomach was doing this annoying summersaults and unconsciously, I was already biting my lips in my dumb attempt of suppressing this goofy smile that's about to show. "Is he actually cheering me up? But this has the opposite effect though." I mumbled, trying to figure out his other reason for using this mode of communication.

To: Tsukasa Eishi

Re: Autumn Elections

From: Takeshima Rumi

Good morning to you too, Tsukasa-senpai. Thank you for telling me such a good news and hearing you say that actually makes me happy. I'll keep in mind of having you as my taste tester but please do not regret your decision. And please, focus on your priorities first. I do not like to disturb you when you are very busy with your work as our First Seat. But senpai, how did you get my number?

I waited for his reply for minutes while trying to focus more on the cook book I have in my hands. Then all of a sudden, my phone rang telling me that I've got a call. I glanced at the screen to find Uncle Gin's caller ID photo occupying the entire screen. "Hello, uncle? Is there something wrong?" I immediately asked right after answering his call.

"Oh, Rumi-chan! Are you busy? Wanna help with the restaurant?"

I tilted my head slightly, eyeing my phone from the corner of my eyes then stared back at the ceiling. "By restaurant you mean, one of Totsuki's?" I queered after half a minute of silence.

"Oh, absolutely not that. I cannot throw a damsel in that kitchen full of monsters. Not to mention, a deity like you should not be exposed in such nature." Ah, I could totally imagine uncle stretching his muscles as he said this words. Do you want to know his exact pose? Just imagine that athlete who is about to throw that discus with one knee touching the ground. Yeah, pretty close to that.