Chapter 18 || Edited

Takeshima Rumi's POV

9;00 a.m.

Library

Tōtsuki Academy

As part of my "ritual" of killing my boredom during my free time, I managed to weave my way to the 'kingdom of humanity's written intelligence' a.k.a. the Library. There were a few who were looking with me from head to toe as I walk down their paths. There were those whose eyes were harboring those deepest and darkest intentions known to our age. I sighed inwardly knowing what fueled that nonsense contempt they have for me. It's not like I wanted to join Yukihira Soma and his friends in the spotlight.

"Yeah, it's not like that." I mumbled, ready to tackle another tower of books on my table. I could already feel this prickling stares hurting my neck and different points of my body when I took another book to my possession. I gave another sigh while shaking my head slightly and if you're thinking that I'm reading another cookbook, then you're wrong. I, actually, managed to immerse myself in these wonderful novels that were shoved in one forgotten corner of the building.

I was about to start reading when I felt a bunch of presence surrounding me like moths. "Um, Takeshima-san, we're from the Newspaper Club and we'd like to ask you something." One of them spoke while the others were shoving me up their mics, recorders and cameras or getting themselves ready to jot down whatever my answer would be.

I nodded in agreement however, it doesn't mean that I am interested with whatever they're going to ask. In contrary, I wasn't. Why? It's because I already have a hunch of what their questions were going to be. I placed the book down to, at least, look at them then pushed a lock of my hair behind my ears. I gave them a signal to start the ambush 'interview' to their delight.

"Is it true that you're dating Chef Shinomiya, the owner-chef of SHINO's?"

'Bingo!' A curt smile appeared on my face as folded my hands and used it as a support for my head. Some of them had this gleam in their eyes hoping that this could be a big scoop for their career as journalists and some were fidgeting under my gaze. Surely, if the man in concern was here, I bet my entire share of my father's company that he'll just hysterically laugh and shower them with hard-earned sarcasm from his dictionary. "Now, what makes you think that it's true?" I answered them with another question.

"U-um...there were students who saw you and C-Chef Shino—,"

I hummed to interrupt the poor reporter's explanation and dropped my left hand to my right arm. "So, it is only a matter of hearsay, then?" Still smiling, I asked them. "You see, if you're going to look for a scoop, you have to use a rumor that's been supported with strong facts. Now as for me, dating that narcissist and egoistic chef is next to impossible." I finally answered their first question after a short detour.

"Tch. What a farce. I'm sure she got in to this Academy using those inside connections she has." I heard one student bravely accusing me of something so petty. All of us turned our heads to the direction of the voice and I immediately made contact with their leader. He was the same student who almost got a beating from Shinomiya-senpai yesterday and his group were there when Uncle Gin mentioned about expulsion.

I laughed. It seems like my laughter echoed throughout the area since all of the students had their eyes on us including the upperclassmen. I wiped the small tear that escaped my tear ducts and looked at his group. "Me? Using connections to admit myself in this prestigious school?" I repeated. "Oh my, that would really be awesome! Because, you see, if that were to be true, then I shouldn't be paying my rent and bills using my father's money and, to add a cherry on top of your accusation, Nakiri Erina and I would've been staying under one roof if that were the case." I added sarcastically.