Chapter 15 || Edited

Tsukasa Eishi's POV

I sat there on the lounge with my eyes glued to her miniature figure from where I am. Whenever her face flashes on the screen, I could not help but watch her hands skillfully move across her counter. I caught at some parts where she was using high-level skills and made it easy and not-so-distinguishable between a normal one. 'Takeshima Rumi... who are you exactly?' I queered. But, that will remain unanswered for now.

Another flash came by and this time, it was her back figure. I noticed that she was using the gold barrette I gave to her days ago. I could not help but smile at that thought. My mind was about to reminisce when her final score flashed on the screen. At that instant, I felt threatened by an unknown force within me.

"I finally found someone who's worthy."

I reverted back to my timid self when I thought of the paperwork and the person I left in the council for this day. 'I need to go and help Rindo. Who knows? Maybe she's skipping out her work again.' I sighed then dragged my feet to the council room even though I secretly wished not to.

Shinomiya Kojirou's POV

Fifteen minutes have passed since the panel of judges displayed their score for that brat. Ten minutes later, I felt a presence occupy the empty seat to my left. "So...aren't you going to praise me?" Her voice started to break the ice between us. I sighed briefly to shut her trap for once but it seems like it was not working as she kept on pestering me after. "Hurry and praise me, bakagane." She commanded with her face closer to my vicinity.

Irritated by her insult, I shoved her face away from me using my left hand. My eyes were still practically glued to the struggling brats down the stage. "Oi, did my score really surprised you that much? You're turning into a stone, Shi-no-mi-ya-se-n-pai." She remarked while jabbing her fingers down to my side.

'Damn it!' I mentally cursed. The weakness I am trying to keep all to myself is starting to emerge from the deepest pit of my life all thanks to this girl who made the impossible to possible. Now that I think of it, I think she's the only one in the entire history who got a perfect score and is not included in the Elite Ten. "Stop it." I hissed, gripping her face as a revenge for poking me. "You better shut it, little runt." I said in a low volume. I felt her grip my wrist twice the force I'm exerting as a method to loosen my grip on her then she said in an icy tone,

"You didn't forget our bet or did you, senpai?"

My breath hitched. I turned my head towards her and caught her smirking as if she caught me red-handed. However, that is not the exact thing I am speechless about. I am perplexed at how she can change her emotions and tones so quickly as if she got some switch in her head. Perhaps, she's got too many layers of protection around her real self. I exhaled the accumulated air in my lungs then placed my index finger at the bridge of my glasses and pushed it back to its rightful place. "I am not running away." I replied, giving her the idea that I clearly remembered everything down to the single detail.

=== Flashback ===

I was fiddling with my phone to check on my calendar. There's only 3 days left before the dreaded Autumn Elections will start. If it weren't for Doujima-san, I wouldn't even know that, that idiot is working her ass off at some restaurant rather than thinking of some possible recipes to make. That's why I came all the way here to pull her workaholic ass out of that mess. Other than that, I am looking for a little space for my new branch here in Tokyo. Somehow, I can't help but feel completely wary about everything. There's also a fact that I left SHINO's closed for almost a week. I wouldn't blame if I'll lose some of my regulars by the time I'm back for business.